Anyone on Paleo/Primal Diet? Advice?

Options
Anyone on the Primal or Paleo diet? Does it really work? Tell me more.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    All diets work if your consuming less energy than your body requires. There is no magic formula.
  • suziesoule
    Options
    OK. So far, so good but getting low-grade headaches. I found out this is normal on low-carb diets and should go away in about a week. I am trying to add more good carbs and water when getting the headaches.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    All diets work if your consuming less energy than your body requires. There is no magic formula.

i thought if you don't eat carbs, you can eat all the fat and protein you want and lose weight. I learned that from Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
  • Fairedust30
    Options
    whatever your eating its working :) Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

i thought if you don't eat carbs, you can eat all the fat and protein you want and lose weight. I learned that from Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
    I quess I have it wrong.......forgot about the fact insulin makes us fat, and carbs induce that darn insulin response, my bad.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I quess I have it wrong.......forgot about the fact insulin makes us fat, and carbs induce that darn insulin response, my bad.

Thank you for clarifying, Why We Get Fat has some many references in the back, it must all be sound information and true
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have had the MOST success by eating Primal. The protein and fat provide me with MORE than enough energy and have curbed that crazy hunger I used to have. I don't miss the grains and dairy, figured out that they would make me bloat! Not going to lie, it was a small struggle to cut out the foods that I was so used to using, even in other diets, but I have completely adapted and with enough research I know exactly what I can eat anywhere I go! I am completely satisfied and have had tons of friends and families convert after seeing the positive changes it's brought to my lifestyle:0)
  • suziesoule
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I just wondered if a lot of women have had success on Primal. I am finding it is working and obviously I was really addicted to carbs. I bought the book, the Primal Blueprint, 21 Day Transformation. I figured I could do anything for 21 days. I still eat yogurt. It's amazing to me how much more energy I have and how I am NOT starving and cranky when its time to eat.
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    I have been Paleo since late October of last year and I gotta say that I am loving it. After the initial learning curve, it's both easy and delicious. I love being able to eat foods I love in abundance and never feeling hungry or deprived. Keep it up, you will definitely see benefits.