Get in shape before pregnancy

Options
2»

Replies

• MissGoHard
    MissGoHard Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW! I really thought I was the only one that thought this way! I really think its a great idea! I think like a lot of people have said on here, its hard to lose weight after the baby comes, so the less you have to lose the better! Kudos!

Also I don't know if you listen to Jillian Micheals but she has a podcast about how many calories you should eat while being pregnant. I think this is also important to know this because many women get lost in the idea of "eating for two" when its really not necessary.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jillian-michaels-show/id418368811

Good Luck! And friend me if you wish!
  • canucksweetie
    canucksweetie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was at a great weight before my first son and I gained about 35lbs, a little more than needed and a little more than I hoped but oh well. He was a big baby, not just weight - height and bone structure he's built like a football player! I lost a bit but then started gaining when he was about 6 months. He was a terrible sleeper until just about a month ago and I was junking out ALL the time just trying to stay awake. I was taking in more calories than I needed too even from healthy foods because I was soooo tired, your body thinks its hungry so sends your brain the wrong signals. Anyway, we're now getting into thoughts of number two and I'd like to get down to about 5lbs above my prepregancy weight before we try. So I have about 20lbs to go.
  • Salexan13
    Options
    I miscarried september 25 when I was 11 weeks. I'm considering letting my boyfriend impregnate me again lol but I want to wait until January or febuary when I am healthier.
  • oeys
    oeys Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a bit of weight before I try again but time's against me as i don't want much of an age gap between my babies. My 2nd child is 6 months old now and to reach my goal weight I'd have to lose 50+ pounds. But I'm aiming to lose around 30 pounds before starting to try again. I'd prefer to be at goal but I'll continue to eat healthy and exercise well into my pregnancy. During my last 2 pregnancies, I actually lost weight in the first 4 months of each pregnancy so hopefully that'll happen again! It was the aftermath while breastfeeding (it doesn't mean weight loss for everyone) when I piled on the weight.

Good luck to everyone and have fun practising - it's a great way of burning cals too! :wink:
  • becky2967
    Options
    thats exactly what i started here for! we have 1 son already but then me and my husband sufferd with miscarriges thankfully all realy early, but not less hurtful,i had more to lose than you and infact still have about 20kg left. hope you manage to lose it all. good luck. x
  • loustevo
    loustevo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here! I went into premature labour at 19 weeks a couple of months ago for my little boy to later not make it. Gained a lot of weight afterwards emotionally eating/drinking so now trying to lose that weight plus the pregnancy weight to get pregnant again. It took 3 years and a lot of fertility treatment to get pregnant so fingers crossed I'm more fertile now :-(

Good luck everyone x
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    I have always struggled with my weight. Been down to goal twice now. I found this site when I needed extra help on top of slimming world to get weight off for my wedding. I am now married so next on the agenda is pregnancy. I am not getting any younger. I will be 30 next birthday. However I too want to lose as much weight possible before we try. I intend to start trying in April/may next year so fingers crossed I am there or practically there. I may get some prenatals though. That sounds like a good idea. I have 32.5 pounds to lose. Good luck to you. Friend me if you like.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape before pregnancy is a good idea! This is the place to reach your goal! :) Friend me if you would like!
  • minniemousey
    minniemousey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I'm here for! Good luck and friend me if you want ;)
  • LSWK
    LSWK Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, the picture is of my niece who is helping me to motivate my weight loss before my husband and I get pregnant. I gained about 20 ibs in 3 years and have to watch my carbs and sugar for general health. Good to see that other people are doing the same and motivating each other!
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone in our weight loss journeys..

I know most don't talk about numbers, but I was about 155 when I got pregnant, I should have lost a couple of pounds before, but I did work out up to 25 - 30 weeks into my pregnancy with a pregnancy dvd, it was nice, but I didn't really pay attention to my eating, during the summer, with all the cookouts its hard for me. And according to my doc, I was 215 the day before I had a c-section for my son. He was born August 2010, in January 2011 I got serious, and lost 30 pounds... I was 182 this time last year, I am currently at 152, but not a fit 152, kind of flubby 152..this year, I plan on getting fit!! OH, I could go on and on..

But feel free to add me.. It's nice to have a been there, done that kind of person on the team!
  • Bethan2511
    Options
    I too am trying to diet down before getting pregnant, are there any diet ideas or exercise tips you can suggest to follow to help me achieve this goal?xx
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am trying to get pregnant like NOW, lol. I don't have much time because my goal was to have baby and weight off by 40 and I am turning 39 in March. So we are actively trying to make it happen. I already have a busy 2 y o. When I got pregnant with him, I was 228 and only gained 25lbs during the pregnancy. This took me to my biggest weight ever of 253. I had a C-section and with some dieting and some exercise I am currently down to 203. I would love, love, love to at least reach my first goal of 195 in the near future. I am figuring that it would at least hopefully keep me under my initial weight before I had my son. Good luck to all and add me if you like. I AM THE BEST CHEERLEADER!!!
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see other women with the same goals! DH and I have a 4 month old son, and want to try for another soon, but I definitely need to get rid of the weight from this one first :)

Add me if you like :)
  • Smooch009
    Options
    I am wanting to do the same thing so far i have lost 10 pounds!!! got quiet abit more togo but i really want that end goal!!! Its possible!!! just look straight ahead and you will get there!!! I intend to!!!