question for the women of this site...

2»

Replies

• LNolan24
    LNolan24 Posts: 5 Member
    I've actually read that your body does need an extra 200 calories when your PMSing so I allow at least 2 days of eating 200 extra calories of chocolate (Candy bar). I also try to work through the blah feeling and at least workout for 15 minutes if I still feel bad I stop but if I'm okay I keep going and usually feel better after! :-)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Work outs help for sure. Especially with pains.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Exercise will actually help with that. If it gets really severe, though, see your OB/GYN. You could have PMDD.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Sometimes if you can pull yourself up the little spike of exercise helps make me feel better. I don't do it for super long but just do it for as long as you think you can go and then call it a day. I'm not on my period right now but I certainly feel sluggish, mainly because I didn't sleep well last night.
  • jennajava
    I've actually read that your body does need an extra 200 calories when your PMSing so I allow at least 2 days of eating 200 extra calories of chocolate (Candy bar).

Endorphins! I love it!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    I make myself go even when I don't want to. I usually end up feeling better after a workout.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    It's always good to have a rest day, and what better time than "that time." It happens to all of us. Don't feel guilty about it, let your body be your guide and then get back with it.
  • that's a fact: some yoga positions you can't or should't do during your period, because a woman's energy is low during. my instructor always points that out. of course people are different, but i feel that it's not good for me to overdo my exercise during that days. just listen to your body!
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    When I first started working out, every time I got my period I would stop during that time...well that caused me to continue not working out and then a month would have gone by and I was back to the couch and completely off my workout plan...

So I decided since that was something that threw me off my plan that I would purposely work out on the hardest days of my period. I would just take something for the pain and go. Then as the days got easier, I had made it over the hump, so to speak. I figured if I could make it through the hardest days, the other days would be easy, right?

The side benefit is that my periods are becoming less painful due to the exercise, now I don't mind working out through them at all.
  • jennajava
    P.S. Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • your all so incredibly helpful, thanks for the advice... i have done some treadmill today... granted not much... but do feel better for having done it.. thanks once again for givin me the strength to go on :D
  • I tend to take it easy durring my time of the month. If I push myself, I tend to get mad at not being able to move to my full abilty and it leads to a binge.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Does anyone knows about any article saying about the Iron depletion during the period?
  • glamchic99
    glamchic99 Posts: 6 Member
    yes, i just went through this last week. i could barely make it through the day at work. unfortunately, i had to wait those first 2 days out, i was too exhausted. it seems to be getting worse. when i take my multivitamin and b complex everyday, and that usually helps.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I bow down to the gods of Ibuprofen and those disposable sport heating pads. Also, coffee as I tend to be more fatigued around that time.
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    One the one day that I have cramps (sorry if TMI) i just do a cardio video. Jumping jacks, planks & all that just irritate me more. I also lift weights. Basically something where I am moving but not as vigorously to disturb the belly area.