Quick fix meals that are healthy....

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
Hoping to get some ideas of healthy mini-meals that are easy to fix.
Mine are pb toast and fruit, and another one is my protein powder smoothie, which consists of yogurt, strawberries, banana, protein powder, 1/2 cup skim milk, ice, and water. Is there anything I could add to my smoothie that would benefit me? I run 2-5 miles daily, and work out on the elliptical for 45-60 min. Any info. is sooo much appreciated!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is loaded with protein, so I use that alot. If you're not going low carb, try the Mojo Choclate Almond Coconut bars - they're amazing. I also do an apple and two Light Babybel cheese rounds... Or sometimes I throw half of a diced apple into my greek yogurt if I need more substance. Two hard boiled egg whites and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal... Your smoothie sounds amazing... I might have to try that!
  • jared767
    Options
    You can try a cup of vanilla yogurt mixed with some frozen raspberries or in substitute to protein shake, you can have a small serving of oatmeal, sprinkled with dried fruits like cranberries, cherries and apricots.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I always pre grill my chicken for the week that way I can use them in a salad, wrap, or stirfry. Easy
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been making some of those Weight Watcher Low Cal Low Point soups and storing them for quick meals during the week.
    Also, low cal chicken salad or tuna salad. And then make a wrap with them or Pita Pocket Sandwiches.

Yesterday I had homemade cold slaw low cal, with the almost fat free hotdogs in the pita pocket... while the family had regular hotdogs on buns.

Check out skinnytaste.com for great low cal meal recipes too! I have been using this site alot for dinner options.

I think the key is to prepare foods ahead of time in bulk so you have options during the week that are already made.
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I keep a large bowl of salad ready to go in the fridge. I just scoop out what I want and add a light dressing and a few sunflower kernels for protien. It's a quick lunch for me on days that I just don't have time to cook. And I haven't gotten sick of eating salad yet! haha! I just mix it up a bit, sometimes I'll add a bit of chicken or change the salad dressing. :-)
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Is there anything I could add to my smoothie that would benefit me?

I put baby food in my smoothies to sneak more vegetables in my diet (and my bf!). Gerber 2nd foods carrots, sweet potatoes & squash all disappear in my smoothies. DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH PEAS! :sick: trust me. I've heard of other people making their own puree, which would probably be cheaper, but I like the convenience.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    spinach or other greens are awesome in a smoothie - you don't taste them and they make a pretty green color.