It's been 6months...

Options
trhjrh06
trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
So six months ago today I decided to change my life and become a happier and more importantly healthier me.
I weighed myself this morning and my starting weight was 274 and my current weight is 236!
I've lost 38lbs in 6months which averages out to 1.5lbs a week and I have been consistent with this for the whole six months.
No, I haven't lost a crazy amount of weight in the six months but I am very proud of what I have accomplished and what I have achieved. And my journey will continue not only to when I reach my weight goal but for the rest of my life. This is me now.
I am sorry I do not have any pictures, maybe I will try to get some later.
Just wanted to share! :happy:

Replies

• LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on the loss. :)
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    You are doing great and you are doing it the right way, which means you will be more likely to keep it off. Great work, keep at it.
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    Thank you! It's very strange for me to feel proud of myself like this. I have always been so hard on myself so to feel this way is strange. But I like the feeling too!
  • runaway78521
    Options
    You've been consistent these past six months and the results are your reward. Hang in there.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! That is absolutely wonderful!
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • kmfolkins
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • clairedance
    Options

No, I haven't lost a crazy amount of weight in the six months but I am very proud of what I have accomplished and what I have achieved. And my journey will continue not only to when I reach my weight goal but for the rest of my life. This is me now.

No, you haven't lost a crazy amount of weight... but you've made CRAZY CHANGES in your life! Be CRAZY PROUD of yourself!

You've set yourself up for success by being consistent, and it shows! Keep up the kindness towards yourself.

You are an inspiration and a role model to the rest of us! Congratulations!
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a lot of weight lost....I give credit when credit is due and you deserve it girl!!! keep up the good work.
  • hellosunshine88
    Options
    Thats wonderful!
    Congrats to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I really love hearing positive feedback, I do have support from my husband and family. But it's not the same as support from people who are going through the same thing!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The slower you take it off, the less likely for sagging skin. Slow and easy wins the race!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Consistent is what is important! Those pounds are NEVER coming back! Congrats:)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm only 3 weeks in... I hope I do as well as you have! :)
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    38 pounds is something to feel VERY proud of! Congratulations!
  • SandySassy
    SandySassy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW! This is SO great to hear today!!! My starting weight is the highest its ever been 250!!! Im still fumbling around trying to get this thing rolling smoothly so your a great inspiration to me!!! Keep up the fantastic work!!! :wink:
  • ldurant580
    Options
    What awesome news. You look great. Nice job!
  • carmelbeautee
    Options
    I love this post! Congratulations! My problem all my life was trying to have biggest Loser numbers every week! Diets that promise 10lbs in 3 days. Just ridiculous! This time around, I've decided to take my time as well. I'm going day by day. Good for you! That is a great drop in weight. Much future success to you!
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! You are an inspiration!!
  • ksinka
    ksinka Posts: 8
    Options
    Consistency is the key!!! Congratulations on your achievement!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!