Hello from U.S. Want to lose 20 pounds!

Options
Hello. I just joined yesterday and I love this site. I joined the local Gold's Gym and have been going at 6 every morning till 7 and I can't believe how much better I feel! I have been going a week and haven't lost any weight. I am 170. So I came here, I figured this would be a good way to track everything, calories, excercise, etc. I want to get into a bikini again sooo bad!

Replies

• candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    im in ga, and at this point just need to lose 21lbs have lost 4lbs feel free to add
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You'll love it here. Welcome:drinker:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • mmaciel123
    mmaciel123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I been working out every day since 12/24 lost 5 pounds so far.
  • kaligrl1
    Options
    Hello. I just joined yesterday and I love this site. I joined the local Gold's Gym and have been going at 6 every morning till 7 and I can't believe how much better I feel! I have been going a week and haven't lost any weight. I am 170. So I came here, I figured this would be a good way to track everything, calories, excercise, etc. I want to get into a bikini again sooo bad!
    [/quote

I am similar in size and would like to start off by losing 20 lbs and then pry 15 more. I have not started hitting the gym yet as in the past i always started at the gym and got discouraged when i gained weight. This time i am doing cardo at home/eating right and the pounds are finally coming off. Hoping to go back to the gym once i get some weight off.
  • inch11
    inch11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from Toronto Canada. I am new too. About 165 and just joined Goodlife (fitness club) before the holidays and have lost 5 lbs. I am hoping to lose 30 more. dls06- where did you get the tracker?
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    welcome!! sounds like you're on the right track :)
  • Nefertiti31
    Nefertiti31 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm from Alabama and I'm trying to lose at least another 15-20 pounds. I was 150 last year and lost 10 whole pounds lol. This year, I'm working on the last little bit and I'm working on toning up for the summer. Need all the encouragement I can get. Good job and good luck with everyone's weight loss goals!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! You all have a lot of willpower, which I hope I will continue to have. I am in Va by the way. It was freezing this morning going to the gym. But I am determined to go every day. I had someone tell me that if I do, I still may not see results for another 6 months, so I will keep at it and not give up!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 20 pounds too. Always looking for motivation and friends! I've added you.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile and add me if you want.
  • kbee0
    kbee0 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great weight loss tool for those serious about losing 1lb to losing hundreds. Good luck. Feel free to add me.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    looking to lose 20 lbs here too! I'm at 155 and want to be at 130-135...it won't happen overnight but I have done it before a few years ago, I started in Feb and by end of April was pretty happy at where I was (took a trip to Jamaica, that was my motivator)

So I am hoping this time is just as easy. Diet & exercise are key, of course. It's the diet part I have problems with.
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have recently joined as well. Working on getting more movement throughout my day. As a sahm and with 2 little ones (a young toddler and a 6 month old) my workouts are often interrupted. Suggestions are welcome ;) Technically, I haven't yet lost any weight, but am able to tighten my belt a notch, so I'm making progress. I'll be happy to get through 20 pounds, ultimate goal is 37. I can always use more encouragement. Good luck!
  • SerenityRabit
    Options
    Sounds like you're ready to jump in, best of luck :).
    Feel free to add, this website will help you tons!