Who's starting P90X with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday as well! I am doing my second round with it. I got awesome results the first time. Insanity didn't do much for me. I wasn't impressed. Have you joined mybeachbody.com yet?
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Day one of classic. Chest and back was good ab ripper x was tough

Just stay with the Ab ripper X! You'll start noticing that it gets easier to do the full 25 and will be adding an extra 5. I do it before the main workout and that works better for me. By the time you know, you will be doing things with arms raised and will be adding weights to the ab work out.
  • dee74
    dee74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A little update. I borrowed a friends p90x and tried it out. First it was not that challenging, I guess I have been doing power 90 masters series for so long I am in better shape than I thought. The second thing was the workouts are not "interesting" enough for me, I did enjoy Kempo though. I thought there was a lot of wasted time and I prefer a whole body workout not just focusing an one area. I did take some benefits from the p90x, it inspired me to modify the master series and quit dogging it. I bought some heavier dumbbells and went up 10 to 25 pounds on my weights, focused on my protein intake, and I am really seeing results even after just a couple weeks. I am totally wiped out after the sculpt routine, my muscles shake for a while after the workout. I even had difficulty shaving after the first day I went more intense. The weight loss is proof to people that weight lifting can burn pounds, I have a couple people that keep telling me I will never lose enough weight because I lift weights every other day. Hey I actually wore a size large shirt for the first time in ten years the other day and just last year I was wearing xxxxl. I am still looking for my next workout. My wife is looking at turbo fire, she has been inactive for almost a year so if it gets her moving I will turn over my man card and do it with her. Hey I will still be moving but I will definitely keep the curtains shut and find some time to keep my weight routines. Honestly if I can be an encouragement to her I will gladly do the workouts because it will be important to her. As for me I previewed a friend's insanity and I think I have had too many leg surgeries for that one right now. For now I will keep ramping up the masters series and yelling at the television. I pretty much owned Horton this morning on the sweat workout. I am thinking of buying a weight vest for my cardio days.