I thought I was making progress.

Options
I have been using MFP for about 3 weeks. I have logged everything I have eaten as well as my workouts. In the beginning, I was down a couple of pounds, then back up which I attributed to gaining muscle mass. Last Saturday I weighed myself and was surprised to see that I was down 6 lbs over all. The next day, I weighed 5 lbs more meaning that I am only down 1-2 lbs overall. I thought that it might be water retention from eating a lot of sodium, but the weight has not evened out.

After logging all of my food and being close to my caloric intake, working out 4 times a week (20-30 minutes of Kettlebell or Pilates), and drinking water or tea, I am only down 1 lb overall.

I know that it is not women issues because that should start next week.

Help!

Replies

• ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time everyday? (best time is right after you wake up) Wearing as little as possible?
  • manderswv
    Options
    Yep. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and usually wear either my robe or underwear and a tank top.
  • beerengineer
    beerengineer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Watch what you eat. Get back to the basics. Don't eat pre-packaged meals or cans that say they are healthy. Go for that chicken breast that you grilled. A side of broccoli that you steamed, a half cup of brown rice, and a small orange, Calories are calories, but healthy calories, that's the ticket.
    I have been making pots of chili. Veggies, lean turkey and beans. Make 1 pot for 8 meals. I have been losing 0.5 lbs a day. Sometimes more (and sometimes I gain). Overall I am down 11 lbs in 3 weeks. Doing P90X2 has helped too. Find an exercise program that you enjoy. P90X is a great routine!
  • MzSweetDestiny
    Options
    I thought it was only me. Glad to know I am not by myself.
  • manderswv
    Options
    I thought it was only me. Glad to know I am not by myself.

I'm glad to hear that I am not alone either! I am baffled and frustrated.
  • manderswv
    Options
    Weight is a funny thing with many factors that affect it on a hourly basis... have you taken measurements? The scale will eventually show your efforts... try the tape to help gauge your progress and stay motivated!

I had my measurements taken when I bought my wedding dress back in November. I plan on calling the store and asking what they were, then measuring now.

Hopefully that shows some sort of difference. I thought I could see the results in my face and legs, but now I'm not so sure.
  • patunia63
    Options
    STOP weighing yourself every day! You are making progress! Every lifestyle change you have made is progress. Muscle will start replacing the fat you have lost if you are exercising, and muscle weighs more than fat. If I were you I would hide your scale and only weigh at the most once a week. I would also measure once a week. Measuring is a great way to realistically monitor yourself. Going by the scale alone is going screw with your head the whole way. Think about how healthy your heart, lungs and every other organ in your body are becoming!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, I'm down 5 lbs since the 1st week then nothing, finally decided to up my calorie intake and see if that helps some.. Working out 2-4x week, eating under around 1400 calories on days I dont workout, up to 2000 on days I do (usually about 200 less than the calories my HRM says I burned) and still nothing. My measurements jump around too which I didn't expect. IDK what to do so I'm continuing with my diet changes, trying to eat 'good' calories, and although frustrated still working out. I have hope that eventually I will see a difference..

Also, make sure to weigh yourself in the AM before you eat. After I eat my weight fluctuates as much as 5lbs... so in the AM I might be at 158 but when I get home I'm usually at least 160-162