I'm out on the rd for work.. what should i eat for lunch?!

Options
So.. I often run into this problem because my job has me traveling from house to house most days. My options are pretty limited because food doesn't keep in my car, I'm not big on sandwiches, and no micro/oven. What should I get for lunch?

Looking forward to your suggestions, MFP!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So.. I often run into this problem because my job has me traveling from house to house most days. My options are pretty limited because food doesn't keep in my car, I'm not big on sandwiches, and no micro/oven. What should I get for lunch?

Looking forward to your suggestions, MFP!!

Salads with chicken/tuna, fast food if you're in a pinch or maybe try eating a big breakfast and skipping lunch and eating a big dinner or skipping breakfast and lunch and eating a huge dinner
  • vanillafrosting
    vanillafrosting Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You can't keep a small cooler with an ice pack in the car?

Salad with meat
    Wraps instead of sandwiches?
    hard boiled egg/egg salad and crackers
    greek yogurt
    cottage cheese
    cheese sticks
    apple
    orange
    banana
    crackers
    granola bar
    protein bar
  • greenreddew
    Options
    i do not know what car you drive but my mom drives a mini van and she use to keep a cooler that plugged in in the back of the car. worked great for YEARS. it was able to be either hot or cold so it was always nice during the winter and summer.
  • michaeltoye
    Options
    personally, i would get things like houmous or PB and some crisp breads or rice cakes. and apples.