low fat Recipes

Options
I recently found out I have gallstones and since then I have not been eating much and I have been losing weight, which normally would be great however I am pregnant. So not eating really isn't an option not to mention it is not healthy for me and I really want to be healthier so I need some low fat or fat free recipes if anyone has any they could share or know where I could find some that would be great. Please help if you can.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat, eating too much does. fat is healthy and vital for organ body function. Lose the mentality that fat = bad! Healthy fats are in fish, nuts, nut butters, avocados, seeds, some oils, etc.

Look for recipes using *real* food, not fat-free this and fat-free that. EatingWell.com has a load of great recipes. Skinnytaste.com is also good.
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    no fat is not bad and I don't think eating it will make me fat but you can't have fat if you have gallstones.
  • pompeyqueen
    pompeyqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bbcgoodfood.co.uk is a great website for all kinds of recipes and has sections for healthy eating and different nutrtional needs, I use it all the time and have not used a recipe book since. :flowerforyou:

Hope it helps
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    Have you checked out the recipe section in the blogs there are loads of great recipes there, I'm trying the cauli-crust pizza tomorrow :smile: