Replies

• TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Just soup for lunch and dinner for 3 days? And you drop 10 lbs? Sounds like a bunch of water weight to me.

Where's the protein and fat?
  • krissydisme
    krissydisme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump - sounds tasty!!:happy:
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Using 95% lean ground beef, the nutritional facts :

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size (i put in 10 servings for the recipe):

Amount Per Serving (about 1 cup)

Calories 337
    Calories from Fat 66

Total Fat 7.4g 11%
    Saturated Fat 2.9g 15%
    Trans Fat 0.1g
    Cholesterol 71mg 24%
    Sodium 146mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrates 33.0g 11%
    Dietary Fiber 8.3g 33%
    Sugars 4.7g
    Protein 34.2g

Vitamin A 24% • Vitamin C 68%
    Calcium 8% • Iron 31%

Nutritional Analysis
    Good points

•Low in sodium
    •High in niacin
    •High in phosphorus
    •High in potassium
    •High in selenium
    •High in vitamin B6
    •High in vitamin B12
    •High in vitamin C
    •High in zinc
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I don't like rapid weight loss solution diets. I could not and would not eat this for lunch AND dinner for a week. Ugh! BUT: the recipe doesn't look bad! I have some ground chicken in the fridge that I haven't used. I like the other poster's idea of making a big pot of this and freezing some portion sizes to have in a pinch.
  • ksylvan
    ksylvan Posts: 13
    Options
    Just soup for lunch and dinner for 3 days? And you drop 10 lbs? Sounds like a bunch of water weight to me.

Where's the protein and fat?

Exactly. There's no way you could be actually dropping 10lbs in 3 days without most of it being water weight.

Quoting Dr. Gundry: "Weight off fast won't last. Weight off slow, you're good to go."
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    what i love about the plan is that it's lose 3lbs in 3 days, and then the following week when you eat normal, you gain it back...sounds fun.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Don't do this to yourself. You'll only be disappointed when you go back to eating regular and the pounds come back. Seen it a MILLION times. There is NO SECRET. Consistent calorie deficit, exercise, get in your essentials and rest. That's it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Anndrea08
    Options
    Exercise, eat healthy, gain muscle loose fat ! It is nice to have a soup like this on hand for days you don't have time or you worked extra hard! This way I don't over eat. But I would NOT just eat this. I know it is really frustrating to work sooooo hard and look at the scale and barely see a change but if your working out you should notice a good change in your shape! Don't get too distracted by the speed of weight loss or the numbers on a scale. Think more about how you are feeling eg. a journal perhaps. A month ago I couldn't do Zumba without stopping to gasp for air four times, now I don't stop at all. I've only lost seven pounds...That's ok, progress isnt only about the scale. pleeeeaaaase be careful, heal your body, not harm it. ; )
  • AliDarling
    Options
    just a good healthy soup

Good luck to anyone that has made or is thinking of making this soup. I will post how i am doing when i have finished my next 3 days. also, i will be snacking, so no, i do not plan on losing 10 lbs in 3 days.
  • AnxiousToLose
    AnxiousToLose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try it too!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bumping for the soup recipe :)
  • Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh! I saw this recipe last year too! It's really good and even my husband loves it! I made a few tweaks to it to make it a little zestier and have more spice!

Here's the recipe with my changes to it:
    1 3/4 lbs of turkey. We always use the turkey.
    1tsp olive oil
    1 large sweet onion peeled and chopped.
    2 large red,yellow, or green pepper seeded and chopped. (We always do 1 red & 1 yellow)
    1 large yellow squash, chopped
    3-4 sliced or chopped radished
    (I have to omit the mushrooms. They have a habit of trying to kill me when I eat them... :( )
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    1 bottle 46 oz redused sodium tomato or veggie cocktail juice (I like using the V8 reduced sodium)
    1 can 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained (black beans taste best)
    1 can 15 oz black eyed peas rinsed and drained
    1 package campari tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    1 tbs ground cumin
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste (I add almost 2-3 tsp for extra spice!)
    1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves chopped.

I also found its easy enough to get fresh uncooked beans at the store and cook them yourself for this recipe too. I throw it in a crock pot to cook though and it works just as well if you want to throw it all in and be able to leave it alone.
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump! Not going to do the Drop 10lbs in 3 days but the soup sounds really good and looks ok nutritionally