bodymedia armband, confused a little?

Options
I just got the bodymedia armband almost a week ago, but I'm confused by it. first of all I don't track my food on their site because it is not convenient, I stay on MFP for that. What I'm confused about is where is says Actual Calories and then it will say Calories burned or something like that. They are 2 completely different numbers. What one should I follow? Hope someone out there has the answer. Thanks.

Replies

• mmikesell1
    mmikesell1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On the calories burned section, you'll have a target (which is what the body media sets for your goal) and an actual. The actual number is what you burned that day. My actual was always alot higher than the target. Just pay attention to the actual number. Hope this helps. :o)
  • sparkle422
    Options
    Thanks. I do understand that part. Let me explain better what I mean. Today my target says 2430, my actual is 2159. Then when I go to the drop down menu where it says calories burned per minute, it says calories burned, 1705. Where is that 1705 number coming from? I feel so stupid. Sometimes I think when things are easy, they seem harder. Does that even make sense? Thanks again.
  • mmikesell1
    mmikesell1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh now I understand. On the calories burned per minute, there is a scroll bar at the top. It's hard to see. well you can adjust that to get calories burned for a certain time period. You probably don't have it spread out to show the entire day. It's probably from when you woke up, which doesn't count the calories you burned overnight. So it's not your overall. I didn't know the scroll bar was even there at first, it's hard to see. take a look and see if you know what I mean. If you find it then spread it out for the entire day. The scroll bar is good because you can see what you burned during a workout. I would set it to ready between 4:00 and 5:30, so I would see the calories I burned just at the gym.