40, SAHM, looking for "accountability"

Options
I know, I know, be accountable to myself. But that's the point of friends, right? So, I've puttered around the boards for a while today and found some folks who look interesting and we might share some common values and goals, and I sent friend requests. But I've noticed they're mostly under 30. There's a few in their 30s, but not too many hitting 40. I know you're out there! Please friend me!

Bird

Replies

• peggyc819
    Options
    Hi I am 48. Just joined a week ago - my daughter has been doing it for awhile and she looks great - Friday is my 1st weight in. I lost alot of weight last year and put it back on. In March I broke my knee so I was out of commission for awhile and living in sweats - when I went to put on a pair of jeans around the Holidays - need I say more - plus I work in scrubs with an elastic waist (of course) all week. I am determined to get back into the clothes I bought last year for summer. I did this to me and I am the one who has to change me.
  • AmiKayser
    AmiKayser Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 38...but very mature for may age, does that count?!? Send you a friend request, the more support the easier this will be :).
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    Peggy, I sent you a request!

Ami, glad to have you! 38 is close enough. Those two years haven't mattered since our 20s, you know?
  • jsnv
    jsnv Posts: 24
    Options
    I sent you a request. I am 38 (very soon 39) and a SAHM of 4 who needs some support.
  • tabngillysmom
    tabngillysmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Melissa. I am 43 and I joined almost 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in! I have 2 VERY involved girls (16 & 9) and work a stressful job. I have yo-yo's my weight my entire adult life. I am a SERIOUS emotional eater and my weight seems to skyrocket with any life crisis. I am working on it. My oldest daughter and I have signed up to run (walk/jog) a half marathon on May as a 2 person relay team (6.55 miles each). So, I am in my 3rd week of training. Hope to get to know you better!

14154011.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Geckokat
    Geckokat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm closing in of 40, also a SAHM. I just joined at the beginning of Jan and definitely more friends here because I cannot convince any IRL friends to join. :ohwell: Sending you a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and a SAHM....I would love to support each other!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    There is a group for 40-somethings, here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/463-40-and-fabulous
  • fluffyrn12
    fluffyrn12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40....feel free to friend me. could always use more support.
  • Kywoman52
    Kywoman52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 58 but I will help you if you want. My two sons and my husband are all doing this. It has only been a week but we are working hard.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 41 and started in October of this past year. Still have a ways to go. Friend me if you would like.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and vegan. Feel free to friend me if you would like. :^)
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    Oooh, thanks! Lots of new friends. This is going to be fun. If you asked me for a request and didn't get one, please send me one. I reached my 10 minute limit and now I have to run off to get the baby down for a nap. Okay, he's almost 2, but he still needs a nap. Anyway, I'm not blowing anyone off. Honest!

Bird
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    I am 48 and would love all of the support I can get!!!!
  • luvmy2labs
    luvmy2labs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 (almost 48) and would love to be added as a friend. Support is essential in this journey. This isn't an easy road that we're on. Let's all be there for one another! :-)
  • Alpha_Foxtrot
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined today -- feel free to add me. I'm 40. :)