Zumba burns so many calories, ugh!!

Not that this is a problem of course ;) (knew that title would capture your attention)
But this is my issue!
BECAUSE Zumba is so incredibly awesome & I burn up to 600 calories in one hour, I feel like I have tons of calories left over.
& then when I complete my entry, I'm so under my calorie goal (1200) but I'm full! And I can't really eat too much more after that.
So I was thinking maybe I should increase my goal by 100 calories on the days I do Zumba.
Because I really don't want to rebound.
Does anybody have the same issue? And what have you done?

Replies

• Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Yes! Both days that I did Zumba this week I was under my goals! I took a break from Zumba yesterday and also ate some of those calories back. I'll eat some of yesterday's calories today because it's not that long of a time period from day to day. I plan to do Zumba tonight and tomorrow because I know I'm going to need those extra calories Friday night!
  • Yes, I had that problem with Just Dance 3. I understand that you are not hungry, but to lose weight steadily you need to eat more. Just add a handful of almonds into your diet as a snack and that should increase your caloric intake easily.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    I did Zumba last night. 2 class, 2 hours. I only logged 90 mins though because I dont think I am burning as many calories as it says. Because some songs are slower and breaks are taken for water. But I have same problem too many calories when I do my Zumba classes. I just try to have a protein shake or something to add extra calories.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    here is what works for me - eat things that are high in protein and have some calories. like peanut butter nuts, etc. these are all graet for you and will give you the claories you need. also, greek yogurt. very filling and lots of protein.
  • carolynyeo
    carolynyeo Posts: 5 Member
    HI, I have been eating a lot of homemade soup lately that is incredibly filling but pretty low in calories and I can't hit the 1200 either when I do zumba....Last night I was so full and just didn;t want to eat anymore, so I was under and got that stupid message "you are eating too few calories"...Peanut butter is a good idea.
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    This happens to me a lot, too. I feel like unless it's happening everyday the body won't enter starvation mode... but I don't know a lot about it. Is this not true?
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Munch on some almonds or eat a spoonful of peanut butter.