IS THIS TRUE???

Options
So I was speaking with one of my clients....she told me that she was told that if you want to be a certain weight ...you take the weight you want to be and times it by 10 and that's how much calories you should eat a day????? So if I wanted to be 135lb...then Iyou should eat 1350 calories everyday and slowly but surely you will drop down to that size. Have you heard of this before????

Replies

• clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cool!!! I don't know but if it was.....I could have 150 more calories a day and my goal weight is 136 sooo....I will be watching your outcome!! Blessings
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this, and that seems to be a fairly close estimate of how many calories you should eat to lose weight.
  • kristinareid
    Options
    Interesting! Because I really want to be 155....soooooooo maybe I can go up to 1500 calories a day instead of the 1200???:bigsmile:
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have definately heard of this and it is how I'm losing weight (well, and exercise). I started out at 265 and am down to 248 in just a few weeks.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat below maintenance you will lose weight. The question is, more, how fast you will drop it.
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If this is true how do we change our calorie count from 1200. Sounds like we are all at 1200 and we are all different weights and heights so this sounds like it could be true. I am 173.5 and would love to be back dwon to 145pounds. So let me know if there is a way to change our 1200.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Swoopette-
    Go to goals, then custom goals/change goals & that's where you can plug in any number you want. You can change what nutients you track.
    If you're having trouble, go to help & it will help you.
    :bigsmile:
  • dbenson48
    dbenson48 Posts: 43
    Options
    Iv'e never heard of this,But it sounds great if it works!:drinker:
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've heard of this. It's a good guideline to go by. It means I could eat 1400 calories a day instead of 1200. I want to lose weight faster so I'll stick to the 1200. :smile: