Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need MFP friends!!

Hi everyone!
I'm Jessica, and my goal is to drop 25 pounds by summer :)
I started using MFP 2 days ago and am very happy with it!
However I don't have many friends on here :( introduce yourself to me or add me!
A little extra motivation never hurt anybody ;)

Replies

• Hi Jessica! Welcome to MFP! I joined about a year ago but was never really active in posting or had any friends for accountability. That's probably why I can't shake the last few pounds! hehe :) Some motivation definitely won't hurt. Good luck on your progress!
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Thanks! this is the 2nd time I have joined, i had too many ups and downs on my last account, and i didnt log on much as i always felt guilty listing my foods! so i thought a brand new fresh account would be great :) good luck to you too!
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    I just started two weeks ago monday. my goal is 40 pounds. feel free to add me :D
  • acstellhorn
    acstellhorn Posts: 40 Member
    Hi Jessica,
    Welcome. I've been using MFP for the last 2 years. Was very successful and dropped 25lbs then got lazy and gained it back, so not as of the 1st on a mission for not only the 25 I lost but for another 25 on top of it. I'm not super large, and hide my weight well at 5'9" but definately feel better when I am at a lower weight. I'm currently engaged in a lifestyle diet that it's goal is to remove processed foods from your diet, so no artificial sugars, or processed flours etc. Check the recipe group I just started at Recipe Group (Sugar & Flour Free Recipes). Hope you can stay motivated, it can be tough but with support from family & friends and on here I am positive we can continue to eat healthy and loose the weight!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member
    I just started a few days ago and my goal is to lose 55... More friends=more support!!! Definitely feel free to add me... Best of luck to you! :)
  • acstellhorn
    acstellhorn Posts: 40 Member
    @jmvmisc24 Mine is 50/60. Hope you make it :)
  • Aw I understand, I used to feel guilty about listing my foods too. I don't eat healthy all the time and I LOVE food. After a while I decided life is too short not to enjoy food (moderately) so don't feel guilty about listing your foods :). The whole point is to be honest with yourself with what you're eating and being accountable to yourself :) And we all need a break from being "good" all the time hehe. As long as I don't fall off the wagon for too long I consider that a personal success. If I don't gain any weight that month I also consider that a success. So don't be too hard on yourself :)
  • HGChao
    HGChao Posts: 23
    Hi friends:...I'm trying to get rid of 8 pounds of stubborn belly fat! :happy:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Hi everyone!
    However I don't have many friends on here :( introduce yourself to me or add me!
    Is your profile picture current?

You already look fit.
    Anyway, good luck to you.
  • Hi Jessica,

I just joined 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 pounds so far. I want to loose 30 by my 45th birthday on May 27th....but doing the small goals each week of the 2 pounds and so for it is working. First time I have uses MFP but having to be accountable and loging my food is truly working. My boyfriend and I are doing it together. I have two out to eats this weekends for birthdays and the whole planning thing is great cuz now I already know what I am eating at Olive Garden on Friday night and at First Watch on Saturday. This program is amazing and helps me stay focused.

Good luck and hope you do great!!!
  • I'm getting in shape for the summer (starting early) & trying for a flat stomach for the bikini! And I agree, if your picture is current you already look fit. MFP is great for just general fitness too.
  • skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi, MFPeeps! Feel free to add me! I log in daily and try to be encouraging and positive whenever I can :)
  • CessGill
    CessGill Posts: 25 Member
    Hi Jessica, Im from AZ and my goal is to loose 40lbs. I have been a member less than a year, had my ups and downs, but definitely looking forward to stick with my weight loss resolution. i dont have that many friends, only the ones I work with. Feel free to add me :)
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    you can add me if you like and I agree as long as you eat in moderation don't feel guilty what you log i don't eat that healthy either but I have lost 26lbs in 80 days so go for it
  • jessicaaa456
    Hi everyone!
    Is your profile picture current?

You already look fit.
    Anyway, good luck to you.

Yes, it is. I am just trying to get down to my lowest weight again, at 125 pounds! I have been that weight all my life, but have put on 25 pounds recently and I decided now is the time to do something about it!
  • Hi Jessica, Welcome to MFP. I am a newcomer as well. I am already stuck with just 11 lbs lost, so I need the support and motivation that you need. Feel free to friend me so we can support each other.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Welcome :) I'm fairly new myself, add me!
  • Hi Jessica,

Welcome back...I just started on Monday its going pretty good so far. I think it would be nice if everyone would support each other and motivate as well... so here we go....Good Luck and keep going new friend:flowerforyou:
  • jessicaaa456
    wow thank you all! i am trying to add you all, but MFP wont let me add more than 5 people in 10 minutes!
  • Hi - I'm Johanna. This is my first time on MFP - and I love it!! I was always told to keep a food log and never did. Now I see why it works. I started January 1 and lost 8 pounds already. My story is - I have always been up and down, but 3 years ago I got laid off from a job I loved and was laid off for a year - so I ate and drank way too much. Then I got a job - and I hated it - so eating and drinking way too much again - finally found a job I really love and it has taken me the third year to finally get in the right mindset. Anyway, I have 65+ pounds to lose. I've lost 8 since January 1st so I'm really motivated. I can use all the motivation I can get though so feel free to friend me. JROW0524.