phentermine

Options
Is anyone else taking the appetite suppressant Phentermine?

My doctor recently prescribed it to me after I asked her to. A past coworker of mine was on it and it helped her lose 70lbs so it sparked my interest. I did a lot of research on it b4 I started and I found nothing terribly shocking that would've detered me from taking it. I have to say it is working wonderfully! It really suppresses my appetitie and when I do get hungry It helps me choose healthier meals. I would love anyone elses feedback on it.

Replies

• PaulaButHag
    Options
    I take Phendimetrazine. I take 1 in the AM and 1 in the afternoon. I don't really notice any side effects. But, I agree, it curbs the hunger, and I feel I can make better choices when I am not "starving to death".
  • Blubtrfly18
    Options
    It gave me mood swings like crazy and had problems sleeping through the night. I would be wide awake at 4am... was not good for me. Lost weight, but gained it all back. When you stop, your hunger is right back where it was.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I took it for a month like 7 years ago and the one thing I remember about it is that my house was always clean. :laugh:
  • ooomargie
    Options
    I have never taken it but my husband was prescribed this about six months ago. He is a Federal Officer so he needs to present any and all prescribed medications to his Team Lead/Management When their medical group was notified that he was prescribed this, they informed him that if he were to ingest the medication, they would disarm him and put him on restricted duty for the duration of his taking the pills. They claimed that the main side-effect of this med is increased aggression, loss of motor skills and the possible inability to make rational decisions. So, needless to say, he did not take the pills because he did not want to jeopardize his position.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I took it for a month like 7 years ago and the one thing I remember about it is that my house was always clean. :laugh:

Hmmm......:laugh:
  • jovigirl712
    Options
    I took it and lost 15 pounds in about 5 months. That was great....only thing is that your body will eventually get "immuned" to it and it won't work. You will need to take a break from it....about a 3 month break.:heart::heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It made me compulsively active-- it wasn't good for me. But I did lose weight-- I wasn't taking it for that but I wasn't upset about it either. My doctor prescribed it to raise my blood pressure, which was dangerously low, and to give me more energy. It's basically speed, and I'm sure some people don't have the side effects I did, but I found it miserable to be on. It was like the whole part of my brain that dealt with food was switched off-- it didn't taste good, I didn't want any, I never thought about it-- and at the same time I had all this energy and a compulsive NEED to keep doing things, anything, even when I was bone tired and just wanted to sit down. I didn't like it because I didn't feel in control of myself-- but I wasn't really overweight when I took it and I think my dosage may have been too high. My pharmacist actually wouldn't give it to me at first because he thought it had been prescribed for weight loss and he was worried that I wasn't big enough to take it. So just be careful with it and watch out for side effects.