Tofu Shirataki Noodles - 20 calorie per serving, very low ca

Options
I had a couple people PM me about these noodles I mentioned in another thread.

shirataki.jpg

shiratakinutritionfacts.jpg

They are are amazing. I hate tofu, but I like these noodles. They taste just like pasta and you can not tell the difference. If you've ever read a hungry girl cook book she uses these a lot. At 20 calories a serving of pasta these rock. They run about $2 - $2.50 at whole foods, Hy-vee, and other super markets! They have 3 types currently, fettuccine, spaghetti, and angel hair.

Replies

• celeste_xo
    Options
    I'll definitely have to try these, I'm a pasta junkie but it's so hard to incorporate it into my diet sometimes!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely have to try these, I'm a pasta junkie but it's so hard to incorporate it into my diet sometimes!

These noodles helped me to easily get off of Pasta... only took three days - the first day was the typical carb-headache but I fought it off...

I found places that sell them for $1.49-$1.79 for each bag here in NH... I love them! Especially when Im creating Pho or other asian dishes!
  • Cambo777
    Options
    My friend turned me on to these. I am adding them to my grocery list since I LOVE to eat pasta. I might be able to eat it now. THanks for the post. :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I tried them for the first time a few days ago, they were great in a stir-fry. I took advice I had read and rinsed, patted dry and fried them first, took them out of the pan, cooked the veggies and meat, then added them back in--delicious!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I might just have to try these (if I can find them), I LOVE pasta! :) A 20 calories sub would be awesome.
  • 3dimesdown
    Options
    Skeptical that they taste as delicious as the real thing, but I will try if I see them in my store.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Skeptical that they taste as delicious as the real thing, but I will try if I see them in my store.

If you like tofu, and if you prepare these like the package directions instruct you, they are good. Not everyone can use these in place of pasta permanently like I can (more like I have to for medical reasons), but, tofu is tofu.... you have to get really creative so these absorb the flavors of what you are working with...
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love these!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Follow the directions on the package and you'll be set. You HAVE to rinse them, pat them dry, cook them, then pat them dry. If you don't you are going to get some tofu taste. I HATE tofu and my wife cooked these and I ate them without knowing what I was eating. She had a chicken alfredo sauce on top of them.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump