Ever have one of those days?

Options
Ya know when you are so proud of the progress you have made and feel good. You look and the mirror and think "wow!" not looking too bad. You walk around in smaller clothes feeling like you are just rocking them. Just happy that you are making progress.

Then someone snaps a picture and you think "THAT is what I look like? Yuck! I don't look as good as I thought apparently"
Maybe I am just not as photogenic, but ugh my roomie took a picture and it just kind of threw my good mood out the window. Just kind of in a slump for the moment.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every time someone takes a picture of me. I'm the most non-photogenic person in the world.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    All the time! It's like my mirror at home lies to me. Because whenever my picture is taken or I go to the gym, I look 20 lbs heavier. Don't understand it....but it's motivation to keep pushing.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    every.day.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The second part, yes, the first part, never!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yup. I hate having my picture taken.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I cannot stand it. I take pictures all the time, and sometimes I look good and sometimes I feel like I look like a cow >.> heh
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're beautiful!

Secondly, yes. All the time. If I feel good and want a photo taken then I want half a dozen so I can pick one cause I get critical and think.... ughhh don't like this, don't like that. I'm right there with you!
  • szerphey1
    szerphey1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every day :)
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are VERY critical when it comes to self portraits.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I have these days a lot actually. When I look in the mirror I feel great, but when I take a picture and see myself, I always see something wrong, and don't think I look the same as what I see in the mirror. It sucks... cheer up though girl you look FABULOUS!:flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Yes. When the Colorado MFP people got together last weekend, one of the pictures came out really unflattering. I felt really embarassed for a minute, but upon further investigation, it became clear that the angle was just off and my posture wasn't quite right... so then I said, "eh, can't be a 10 all the time." .... lol ... honestly though, that picture has kinda haunted my thoughts all this week. I don't usually photograph so miserably.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    keep your chin up.
    you've come a long way and made some great progress.
    and you've managed to maintain strong lifts during the whole process
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yup.. All the time!

Or when you put on clothes and go I looked a lot better before I put this outfit on... that happens a lot to me too!
  • lisaforrester13
    Options
    I hate the way I look right now......give me a few months & THEN take my pic ;)
    looking for new FP pals tooo...add me!!!!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time. I also do the flip side of that at times too. I will have a picture taken, feel like I look awful and then a year or so later look at it and wonder why I was so hard on myself. I think the angle a picture is taken at makes a big difference too. I always tell my husband to hold the camera up a little and look slightly downwards at me... I swear I look ten pounds thinner. :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yes! Every time my picture is taken :(
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    All the time. I have to fight not to use the "delete" button on my camera - soon I'll need to have proof that my *kitten* really was "that" big.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    First of all, you're beautiful!

Secondly, yes. All the time. If I feel good and want a photo taken then I want half a dozen so I can pick one cause I get critical and think.... ughhh don't like this, don't like that. I'm right there with you!

I do this too! My boyfriend gets angry as I blind him over and over with the flash xD
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every time someone takes a picture of me. I'm the most non-photogenic person in the world.

haha.. this. As a side note I'm also very un-aerodynamic.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just remember - you are your own worst critic. There isn't a picture of me in the world that I like.