Need suggestions Here PLZ

Options
Okay so is it possible to lose inches and not lbs. I have been dieting and exercising for a month and a half now and I step on the scale once a week but there is no change. However, I have noticed a change in my clothes fitting a lot looser to the point of needing a belt. Of course I have people who do not diet and exercise who want to voice their opinion. However, at this point I am starting to reconsider. One of my friends told me to get a cleansing pill to cleanse my system out and then I would notice a change in weight dropping off. However, the first two weeks of dieting I believe this took effect..lol.. Do you guys have any suggestions? Maybe some hints? Maybe I am missing something or doing something wrong..lol

Replies

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    As long as you are following good guidelines don't change a thing. I just started and I noticed I have lost some cms. already. Not sure what I weight because I am committed to weighing in on Friday. I was getting on the scale daily and it messes with me for some reason.
  • policemanswife
    Options
    I too was stepping on the scale everyday and it messed with me to..Maybe it is the overanxious of losing weight and wanting to see changes..lol.. I too changed to every friday. I guess as long as I am losing cm/inches I am improving. It would just be nice to see the lbs go down too..lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose inches and not pounds. Especially if you are working out.
  • wd61dp
    wd61dp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are converting fat to muscle... muscle weighs more.... stay the course. Don't focus on your weight! Continue to focus on a healthy meal plan and exercise!
  • leiathor
    Options
    wd61dp is correct. If you really want to keep track of changes other than measuring inches, you can get a BMI scale which will measure muscle mass and other things. They may not be accurate to a tee, but they do provide valuable mile markers to go by, which is important in this phase of your lifestyle change (diet). This information prevents you from getting discouraged and even motivates.

One other note, the more muscle you have the more calories you burn, so be excited that you have converted your fat to muscle and keep building!
  • michonw
    michonw Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! I hope we find answers here! :)
  • policemanswife
    Options
    Thank you!!!! That does make more sense. I go to the gym 6 times a week and eat healthy so I can get healthy. I have family history of heart diseases so I want to make sure if this happens to me my body will be healthy enough to recover. My brother lives an extremely healthy lifestyle and had a heart attack at 42 and within 3 days was wanting to go home.