Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi Everyone :)

Hello everyone! My name is Amy and I'm trying to lose the last 5-10 pounds. I have lost around 100 pounds over the last 2-3 years through cutting out processed foods, eating less sugar, and eating more protein and vegetables. I do exercise some but its mostly only cardio. I really should incorporate some strength training just to build some muscle. Unfortunately, the last 10 pounds I am trying to lose is soooo stubborn and I haven't had much success for the past 7 months. I seemed to have reached a plateau and my body refuses to let go of the weight. I'm at a pretty healthy weight for my height at the moment but I would love to lose just a little more. I would love to make some friends here and gain some support as well as offer support :) Thanks for reading! :):):)

Replies

• way to go losing 100 lbs! I'm the same way- just trying to lose the stubborn weight that stands between looking good and looking amazing. sooo close..
  • acstellhorn
    acstellhorn Posts: 40 Member
    Hang in there Amy. I lost 25lbs by cutting out processed foods and watching Sugar/Flour intake and cutting my calories down to 1200 a day. I since lapsed and have gained that back because I was lazy and started a new job that took me international and how can you pass up wine/cheese and bread while in Europe. Anyway back full force as of Jan 1 so cutting out all sugars except natural (maple syrup, molasses, honey, stevia), and for 6 weeks not eating bread, I can eat white/brown rice and then after 6weeks slowly introducing back into the diet the whole grain breads. I participated in a program called Prizm which teaches you that Sugar should be the 5th ingredient or higher on any food label to be deemed HEALTHY for you.

Good luck and I hope you manage your goals. I know I have a journey of 50/60 ahead of me I got half way there 1.5yrs ago now time to finish it :)

I'll add you to the recipe group I started and if I can help in any way please let me know.

Amanda