Best Buy Shipping

martinbeks
martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
I just ordered a new phone at BestBuy.com, and they said that I should get it next week. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in how fast their shipping really is? Faster than normal? Slower? I'm really anxious for my new phone. :love:

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    LOL! Okay I don't know if I should damper your excitement but you asked for experiences, good or bad.

On Black Friday I decided to order a $25 pink work chair on their website and picked free shipping which was standard ground. The payment went through and the order was placed. It was supposed to come in about a week or so which was fine with me.

Fast forward a week or so later and I get a phone call from Best Buy. It's a really random phone call from some guy letting me know that the chair will be shipped late as they are having issues. I'm of course fine with that. He then goes on to say it would be easier for the company if they could just change the order and ship it to a local store for pick up. I was cool with that as the Best Buy is down the road from me.

I gave the company two days to relieve the chair into their store before I showed up. I went to the designated counter where you pick up orders in the door and talked to the lady. She first asks me for an order number which I didn't have so they had to spend about 10 minutes looking up the order. This was fine as it was most likely a communication issue or I plain old forgot to bring it. After she locates the order she lets me know the chair is in the back storage room and that they will be able to bring it up.

After about 10 minutes of her trying to process the order she lets me know there is an error on the screen that will not allow her to give the chair to me even though it's paid and in the store. I asked her if I could simply just take the chair and they could correct the issue and she gave me a firm no. I became a bit concerned, requested a manager, and asked since everything on my end was good why couldn't they simply make an exception? He basically told me there was nothing they could do about it even if the chair was in the back, paid, and with my name on it because of a simple computer error. He also said the order is permanently messed up and there was nothing they could do about fixing it.

I then of course requested if I could be given the same chair from the store as they had others in stock and if they could just cancel the original order. The manager promptly declined and said I would have to PAY AGAIN for the same chair even though it was not my fault there was a screw up and a delay on top of it. I was absolutely floored by this and couldn't believe they thought nothing of it except as basic business practices.

So I was given a refund of the original order and requested a receipt of that transaction. The manager couldn't even provide that to me as the computer would not allow the receipt to be printed!! So I had to go on luck and "In 7-10 business days" type of assumption that the money would be back in my account. I was pretty much on the verge of tears with this experience because I was so polite the whole time and just received no after no after no. They even took a horribly long time to bring the same chair up to the front of the store after I purchased another one.

To sum it up it is the worst experience I have EVER had and I will never ever ever order anything via shipping from Best Buy again. It's sad because I've spent an easy $3000 there in the last 2 years in computers, chairs, and an iPad and I'm a good paying credit card customer.

HUGE slap in the face! I highly recommend you avoid the bs and pick the phone up at the store if possible or have them order it in for you. Saves you a ton of hassle as they DO NOT do courtesy credits or discounts for your inconvenience.
  • flufftofab
    flufftofab Posts: 9 Member
    My hubs got me an ipod nano 16g green for Christmas. I have yet to recieve it...:( Bestbuy says it is on back order, and we just got an email saying it may be another 30 days....:(
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Yikes! I wasn't impressed with their Reward Zone "Customer Service" when I had that, but a free phone's a free phone, right?

I did order through their telesales, not that it would completely make a difference, I suppose.

I wonder if because I ordered further from holidays than both of you if that would make any difference? We shall see. Thanks for your experiences!