When to stop your HRM

Options
2»

Replies

• Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I don't think its going to matter too much if you wanted to wait, as your heart rate will come down fairly quickly (and progressively faster the fitter you get) But personally i just stop it when I finish - I might forget otherwise!
    I also always make sure I subtract my TDEE for the length of time i'm working out.
    The easiest way to do this is to wear your HRM while you're not doing anything so you can work out how approx many calories you would burn normally, and subtract that from calories burned during your workout.

I didn't even think about this. Do most people do this? Now my head is spinning!

Some people do some people don't. Don't overthink things :)
    It varies for me when I stop it, sometimes immediately after I am done, sometimes when my hr gets back to normal.....however you do it, is up to you
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I have one that chirps when my hr gets below 118, so I don't forget, but my hr usually returns to normal by the time I change my shoes and leave the gym, which is fairly quickly.
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    I stop mine at the end of my workout too. I figure, I want to track the whole block of time I'm spending exercising.