SORE muscles!

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I did an exercise dvd (Biggest Loser Cardio Max...all 50 minutes) on Monday with my 5 pound weights. I've done this workout several times before, but for some reason, I'm extremely sore this time around. I didn't exercise yesterday (Tuesday) because of it. I know I was super motivated doing it Monday and pushed a bit harder, but dang it! I assume I should not keep resting and should just do some other sort of exercise, right? I don't think it'll be with weights though for another day or two. Any advice on how to make the soreness go away that does not require like BenGay or anything? I drank my recovery drink (chocolate milk) when I was finished, but it obviously didn't help. Thanks!

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My motivation sometimes catches up with me like that. Some things that help me is drinking lots of water and leaving out any caffeine, nice hot bath (sometimes with Epsom Salt), and gentle stretches. If that fails, I go straight for the glass of wine...:laugh:

Great job on the exercise! Keep it up.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I find that cardio working the area kills while it is being done but seems to loosen up the muscles and they feel heaps better after!:tongue:
  • OElephant
    OElephant Posts: 3
    Options
    I rode my bike yesterday and I thought I was going to die:explode: :explode: :explode:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When that happened to me (and congrats on pushing a bit further!) I used the stretching part of the Slim in 6 video. It was 20 min or so and I swear, the soreness disappeared.

If you have a vid with stretching at the end, use it. (btw I had stretched on my own with no results. the videos bring you thru a series and take longer on each muscle.)

Hope you feel better:flowerforyou:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I would take a nice looooooooong walk, and then stretch really well. I like the advice of following a dvd for stretching. Maybe take some ibuprofen before hand. :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    STRETCH! Soak in a hot bath....
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Oh I thought this was a thread for p90x. I'm so sore everywhere! :noway: I usually take my shower at night but the last 2 mornings have had to take a warm shower first thing in the morning! Ouch!
  • tomj9james
    Options
    You should be excited your muscles are sore - it means you are working muscles that may not have seen the light of day for awhile. As an aerobic instructor for 20+ years, the best way to combat sore muscles is to work them out. Crazy, huh? If you do nothing you will continue to be sore. I tell my class that day 2 is the worst and that they need to do some form of exercise. You will feel better, I promise. Keep up the awesome work and don't quit! :happy:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    tomj9james! Thank you. Yeah I'm hurting from muscles I didn't even know I had. Thanks for the great insight and tip. Will do. Yeah that does sound crazy and make sense at the same time. Ok I believe you. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement. Won't quit. I promise. ( The time it hurts the most is when I sit for a long time and I have to get up!) I know I sound like a wuss but I'm really not, :sad: !
    Ok I am. :laugh: Oh. that hurt too! :happy: Seriously, thanks again tomj9james.