Comic-Con costume countdown!

Options
Hello MFP-ers! I'm excited to get healthy enough to look great for my nerd people at Comic-Con in July. If you're a nerd and proud of it, I'd love some encouragement to help me meet my goals. I was thinking of going as Donna Noble from Doctor Who for one of the days, but if I lose enough weight I'd really like to rock Leela's crazy leather outfit. Mostly because my friend is going as the 4th Doctor, so I'd be era appropriate (and kick-*kitten*!)

Let's start a dialog and I'll tell you about my other costume ideas!

Replies

• blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if you can call me a "nerd" but I have lots of geek and nerd friends! I am geek enough to know who you are talking about (if that counts). I think you have a great goal. Feel free to add me (and anyone else looking for support, feel free to add me).

One of my goals is to fit into a kick-*kitten* steam-punk outfit by halloween... who am I kidding, I wouldn't just wear it at halloween I would wear it all the time!!
  • E_Harris
    Options
    hahaha That's awesome!!! I'm hoping to be able to go to the San Diego Comic-Con too for the first time this year!!!

Go nerds!!
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    Shiny! Geek girls rock!

Never been to a comic-con but it is on the list to do someday! My husband and I plan to take our boys (5 and 3) when they are a little older.
  • SoozieQuarks
    SoozieQuarks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    E_Harris: Sweet! Yeah, this will be my first time also. You live near San Diego, or do you get to travel? I'm in TN, so we're ROAD TRIPPIN'! Very excited about that. Are you costuming?
  • E_Harris
    Options
    No I'm actually from Phoenix, so I'll be making a trip out of it too with some friends. I've been to the one here in Phoenix, and that was a ton of fun. I'd actually love to go one of the days as Spider-Man, but unless I find a really cool costume then I doubt it.
  • SoozieQuarks
    Options
    Here's my other costume idea! I've got to remember to print this one out as motivation to get my butt in gear! It's a lot of spandex my friends. She's the original Harlequin from the 1940's era Green Lantern. This will hopefully work out well, as my friend is going as Alan Scott aka the Green Lantern.

harlequin.jpg
  • Mythel
    Options
    Love the Harlequin costume idea! Donna Noble would be cool too but not as costumey (Is that even a word?) and it might be a lot of fun to go all out!

When I do my my 45 minutes of cardio I watch Netflix on my phone...I have already gone through Firefly (so Shiny!), Serenity, and Torchwood. I was thinking about starting Dr. Who (which I've watched a little bit of but not all) but seem to remember it as being a little slow paced. The other shows helped to keep me moving. So do you guys have any suggestions? I need my new series picked out by tomorrow afternoon!
  • SoozieQuarks
    Options
    I'd say Doctor Who would have about the same pace as Torchwood. The new series(s) at least. The old ones (from the '80's and before) were a little slower, but I think that was just because our collective attention span hadn't been totally shot to heck back then.

So since this is not the tomorrow you spoke of, what did you decide to watch?
  • Mythel
    Options
    I went with Doctor Who (starting with the relaunch in 2005). I like it and the pace is good enough to keep me focused on the show which really helps me stay on the elliptical for the full 45 minutes.