Anyione know the biggest calorie burner? also anyone from bi

Options
If there is anyone out there like me who leads a quite sedentary lifestyle at work and at home and also hates the gym then they'll know that weight loss means eating the least possible and not excersising at all lol.
I just wondered what sport or type of excersise burns the most calories an hour and i don;t mean running really fast i mean like football or basketball. the only calories i burn are breathing wlaking (slowly) upstairs and playing the piano ha ha sooooooooo lazy. still i've lost 8 pounds so far so i must be getting something right. i have my gym memebership now but i hate the people there its so clicky. i wish i had some one to excersise with.
Anyone from Birmingham who works random times of the day want to excercise together? ......no?
looks like its me and my ipod wooo!!

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If there is anyone out there like me who leads a quite sedentary lifestyle at work and at home and also hates the gym then they'll know that weight loss means eating the least possible and not excersising at all lol.
    I just wondered what sport or type of excersise burns the most calories an hour and i don;t mean running really fast i mean like football or basketball. the only calories i burn are breathing wlaking (slowly) upstairs and playing the piano ha ha sooooooooo lazy. still i've lost 8 pounds so far so i must be getting something right. i have my gym memebership now but i hate the people there its so clicky. i wish i had some one to excersise with.
    Anyone from Birmingham who works random times of the day want to excercise together? ......no?
    looks like its me and my ipod wooo!!

Sex! Seriously, it burns a lot of calories! :happy:

I like to cycle and swim. The both burn a decent amount of calories. I ride my bike to work and it's around 16 km round trip. (est 600 calories burned) I like to do exercises that I don't notice I'm working out. Power walking with an ipod is great too.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    true i wish i could get my bike back. but i have no where to store it at my new house. i got fat when when i passed my driving test. i used to ride and walk everywhere. oh well maybe soon
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sex! Seriously, it burns a lot of calories! :happy:
    Sadly, I've discovered sex doesn't burn nearly as many calories as you think you're putting into it. :noway:

I'm like tofuheart, I like to do things that don't seem like exercise, such as yardwork or cleaning house (which I consider exercise because I do it so rarely).

At the gym, don't worry about anyone there. Just assume you're too cool for them anyway :glasses: , and exercise your heart out. As they see you jamming to your iPod, they'll want to join your click :love:
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Buy a mini trampoline. Jump on it every day for 20 minutes whilst watching tv. I lost a stone and a half this way!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i used to have one but i got on it and it refused to bounce lol. i just stood on the floor h aha. nah i like this idea :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben, and welcome to the best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Exercise doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored!
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too!
    As long as you make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Isioviel
    Isioviel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben, I'm from Birmingham too! And know EXACTLY what you mean about eating healthily but not exercising haha. I finish uni in the summer so am planning on joining a gym when I start work, just plan to ignore everyone there :p. The only thing I really do it try and walk really quickly whenever I'm going somewhere, tis very hard in this weather though!! Gonna start cycling soon so hopefully that'll work, I tried it recently though and my legs hurt sooooo much! Hopefully it won't take too long for me to get used to it :). Anyway, good luck, eating healthily is the main thing! Sarah.
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    If you've joined a gym, check out if they do any classes. Circuits is the best for weight loss, as it's an overall work out. I'm about 13.5 stone, and I work off approx. 750 calories in a 50 min session!!! Also I do the spinning class, and the body combat class... workouts to music are probably the most fun. I'm still a standing at the back person, as my co-ordination leave a lot to be desired, lol... but it's good to see I'm not the only one in there like that. It's good fun.

I have to work out on my own most of the time too... but I think Birmingham is a bit too far for me to travel for a workout (either Birmingham that is - :laugh: ).

I hope you find something that suits you. If you're happy when you're working out, it's so much easier. :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    heavy bag workouts burn a ton of calories, and swimming, those are two of the highest calorie burners I have found.

Another one (since you have a gym membership) is spinning. It SUCKS, but it's a very good calorie burn. Don't feel like just cuz it's a class only women can do it. I go to my wife's gym from time to time to take the Body Pump class there, it's a great total body workout (although doesn't burn as many calories as a complete cardio routine, still very good for that), granted she's an instructor, but still I go sometimes, when I don't feel like working out at home or in my office gym.

Heck you can simulate spinning anywhere you have a good bike, just alternate 30 seconds of hard as you can pedaling (I mean standing, sprinting on the bike) with 1 minute normal pace for about 30 minutes or so and you have a really good workout.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Soccer Soccer Soccer.... Honestly I started on a recreational indoor league with some friends from school and it was all abs, toned legs and losing weight...LOVES IT! :-D Think about it you see fat football players, fat baseball players... But a fat soccer player, not a chance with all of that running :).
  • SaraArbo
    SaraArbo Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! I can't say enough good things about P90X!!! An hour a day! 600 - 750 cals a workout, I don't think you can beat that! And they way the program works, you continue to loose fat, build muscle and improve fitness levels for the whole time you do it - really! It's hard work but well worth the 60 minutes out of your day!
    By the way, I also lead end extreemly sedentry lifestyle, 98% of my time is spent sitting on my rear end in front of some kind of screen! Except when I'm P90Xing!!! LOL!! Give it a go, I guarantee you won't be dissapointed!
    Best of all - you don't need to go to the gym to do it! No fees, no traffic, no judgement and no excuses!!!
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just recently discover...jumping... i have always liked tecno/rave music to work out..but it never occurred to me that just jumping sort of dancing to the beat would be a killer. I did 15 min yesterday and OMG my legs are sore and for some reason my abdomen is really really sore... So I guess that will be part of my cardio workout from now on... on that i burned about 200cals..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Soccer Soccer Soccer.... Honestly I started on a recreational indoor league with some friends from school and it was all abs, toned legs and losing weight...LOVES IT! :-D Think about it you see fat football players, fat baseball players... But a fat soccer player, not a chance with all of that running :).

Bahh! soccer, wuss sport. Coming from a rugger, I'll take 3 soccer players any day on the pitch and run them silly. They'd be puking by the end. then I'll get down into a ruck with them and drag spike their ribs with my inch long cleats! And then I'll go drink em under the table as I try to stop the bleeding from my nose, and put 2 of my fingers back to straight. :tongue: Ahh .... college memories. What fun!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Bahh! soccer, wuss sport. Coming from a rugger, I'll take 3 soccer players any day on the pitch and run them silly. They'd be puking by the end. then I'll get down into a ruck with them and drag spike their ribs with my inch long cleats! And then I'll go drink em under the table as I try to stop the bleeding from my nose, and put 2 of my fingers back to straight. :tongue: Ahh .... college memories. What fun!

I like soccer too! :smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options

Oh my gosh it sounds violent!!!!!! LOL :laugh:

Ben hon....you can lose weight being lazy if you follow the mfp's low calorie plan...but you will be a flabby man....which, coming from one of the female part of our species, women find not so attractive. Find something you love and do it....no excuses.

Lol, you could always lay on the couch and get yourself a nervous tick...like your leg jiggling up and down because you can't sit still...my husband swears by it :laugh: Or...instead of standing in line, go up and down on your tip toes several times, or squeeze your buttocks, suck in your gut several times a day.

What I mean by that is do little things to make your lifestyle a little more active since you are basically not wanting to exercise. Pity too....since from what I can see with your pic, you look like you could be a hot man.

So....get off the couch Ben and suck it up!! Go out and do something! :happy:

As far as sports that burn a lot of calories....just the fact that you are burning calories are great! But the ones where you burn a lot...you have to work hard for it. No getting around that. :wink: You get what you put into it.