i have muscle

Options
i have muscle but you cant see it because of fat,
does this mean i should focus more on cardio rather than strength/resistance training at the moment (still doing a lil bit though)? and can anyone recommend anything i can do at home as i dont have the funds for a gym membership, i do own a stepper though

Katie
x

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Good cardio things that are easy and cheap are walking/jogging/running. you can use the step, you can watch some videos on youtube, if you go to www.hulu.com you can watch shows that have been aired also for free. I'd definitely concentrate on cardio and strength, you need both to see maximum results!
  • ninz17
    ninz17 Posts: 3
    Options
    id say workout and aerobics dvds - I have Vicky;s WOW weight off workout, its good, and rthere are a couple of others out there - like SLim in 6 and P90X...or any for that matter :) hope this helps and remember, its going to take a while to lose that fat and start to see definition, but its all worth it in the end :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You should still do strength training - to keep those muscles....maybe 3 days of cardio and 2 of strength.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    As well, the strength training helps to boost your metabolism longer than just cardio. Do a mix of both