Stubborn last 2 pounds - anyone else have similar experience

Options
Hi there all,

Little bit of background first. Around early November last year I started to make some transitional changes to my food intake, cutting out fizzy drinks, coffee, sugar, fast food etc and began to consider returning to the gym after an 18 month layoff. By late November the changes I had begun were well underway and I bedded these in for the long haul. These changes included returning to the gym, managing my calorie intake to about 1800 per day. At this point I joined MyFitnessPal downloading the iPhone app and started recording my weight and meals etc.

So November 27th 2011 my first recorded weight in myfitnesspal was 102.5 kg / 225.5 lb, but I know in early November I had reached 104.5 kg / 229.9 lb. From the start of my recorded weight to around three weeks ago I averaged a weekly weight loss of 3 kg / 6.6 lb. I was losing nearly a pound a day for the whole December up to Jan.

In the last two - three weeks my weight loss has halted at the 88 kg / 195 lb level. I have faithfully stuck to my calorie intake, every day without fail. Even Christmas did not deter me or throw me as I remained faithful to my 1800 caloric intake. I have not faltered in the slightest during this time.

Now just by looking at my stomach, where the remainder of the fat is sitting, I can feel the abdominal section through what I estimate to be about 1 or 2 pounds of this stubborn remaining small pocket of fat. I have no doubts that I will overcome this remaining stubborn pocket of resistance through keeping to the daily process of calorie counting and exercise and remaining on track.

My stomach will be at the abdominal muscle layer with only a marginal layer of fat and then skin on top once this last two pounds has gone, but it doesn't make sense that this final layer should be the hardest to go.

Does anyone know why this resistance occurs in the body when we get to the very last two pounds remaining to lose?

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    does 2 pounds really matter?
    if you really want to cut up get your body fat down you need to eat super clean and do some workouts as well.
    but personally I wouldn't beat myself up about 2 pounds. you'll lose it but you'll probably gain it, then lose it again etc. The body is not going to be at a static weight, ever.
  • tonybdavies
    Options
    Anyone had trouble losing the last two pounds?

I don't accept that my body will go through phases and swings, and that I should be happy to remain two pounds off being cut and ripped.