Water?

Options
I am just wondering if something I heard about water is true. I was told by a trainer that the liver is what burns fat. The kidneys clean the body. When the kidneys are overworked (soda, tea, coffee etc...) the liver must stop burning fat and help your kidneys clean your body. So when the liver is helping the kidneys it's not burning fat like it should. So water is a very very good tool to keep your liver burning fat. Whether it's true or not, it certainly sounds good and motivates me to drink more water.......

Replies

• BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I heard this a while back. I hated water as I told you. lol The mio has saved me and my recommendation is to squeeze it all out into a dropper bottle and do 2 drops to 24 oz water or so. Then it isnt as strong. Eventually my body has now gotten used to being more hydrated and wants it even on its own. I no longer get nauseated from drinking it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Interesting, Would make sense why everyone says to drink 2liters of water a day (ridiculous amount to me, can't do it..)
  • fameyjo
    fameyjo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hmm... that would certainly explain why drinking water has helped so much in my weight loss. I drink an large amount (about 6 liters a day), and it has made the weight come off much easier.

- Oh, and I hated water too at first. I did the lemon water, cucumber water, fruit water thing... but I got too lazy and just started drinking it plain. It eventually grows on you, and I find now I'm thirsty for it all the time!

1892293.png
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Does it have to be plain water or can it be flavoured water or a touch of diluted juice in it...i just can't drink it,unless I was really badly hungover an there was nothing else and it would have to be freezing cold...even brushing my teeth with it I take the boke..been like that all my life but I want to like it cause hear it does the world of good for you...
  • fameyjo
    fameyjo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's tough getting used to it. As a kid, I NEVER drank water. Even as an adult I hated it. But when I found out that it would help with the weight loss, I bit the bullet and started drinking. Sometimes I add lemon or lime, sometimes a few frozen berries, sometimes cucumber slices... It all made it easier. Plus I love tea, so I drink a lot of it (which is basically hot flavoured water). You can make yourself get used to most anything - especially when you see the results. :)
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Ok i'm going to buy bottled water today..with a hint of flavour and make sure I drink a big bottle a day to see how I get on.-thanks