PSA: Coffee

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Coffee is a brewed beverage with a dark, acidic flavor prepared from the roasted seeds of the coffee plant, colloquially called coffee beans. The beans are found in coffee cherries, which grow on trees cultivated in over 70 countries, primarily in equatorial Latin America, Southeast Asia, South Asia and Africa. Green (unroasted) coffee is one of the most traded agricultural commodities in the world. Coffee can have a stimulating effect on humans due to its caffeine content. It is one of the most-consumed beverages in the world. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee)

Milk is a white liquid produced by the mammary glands of mammals. It is the primary source of nutrition for young mammals before they are able to digest other types of food. Early-lactation milk contains colostrum, which carries the mother's antibodies to the baby and can reduce the risk of many diseases in the baby. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk)

Sugar is a class of edible crystalline carbohydrates, mainly sucrose, lactose, and fructose, characterized by a sweet flavor.
Sucrose in its refined form primarily comes from sugar cane and sugar beet. It and the other sugars are present in natural and refined forms in many foods, and the refined forms are also added to many food preparations. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar)

If you are having problems with your consumption of milk and sugar, please do not blame it on coffee. kthxbai

pf7.jpg

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    YEA, WHAT DID COFFEE EVER DO TO YOU GUYS EXCEPT BE COMPLETELY AWESOME??
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    kthxbai

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    YES!! I :heart: coffee.....BLACK!
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love coffee....black. super hot.
    I drink it all day. I will always drink. Nothing will ever deter me from my greatest addiction!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    crap, now I want all the coffee

drink-all-the-coffee.png?1318992465
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You know what they say "once you go black you never go back" I think that quote was originally meant for coffee. Just make sure you are getting a good quality coffee, as low quality coffee tastes gross and needs something added to it to make it palatable, in my opinion.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Just made myself a cup. I would never blame weight gain on coffee!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women... creamy smooth and spicy! :laugh:

Wut!?
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    pf7.jpg

*swoon*
    gets me every time.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my . . .um nevermind. But I LOVE it BLACK!!! :drinker:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I never ruin my sugar with either milk or coffee...I refuse to drink either.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'd put my mouth right under that...

if it weren't for the burns I'd suffer. I need a cuppa.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    +Waving hand in shame*

Well, I'm one that likes a little coffee with my sugar. Three teaspoons and one of cream. But I don't blame the coffee. I blame my grandmother because that's how she liked hers and it looked so good. And when she did't finish it all, I would sneak and drink the rest.

Funny thing- We were told as little kids that drinking coffee would make us hard-headed. So we weren't allowed to drink any, LMAO!!:laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hanging my head in shame - I love coffee with my cream and sugar :drinker:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    crap, now I want all the coffee

drink-all-the-coffee.png?1318992465

Me too! I think I'll be making a stop @ Starbucks on my way home. Mmmm...coffee!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Coffee cleans me out..which makes me weigh less! I <3 you Coffee!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Long time coffee drinker here. I've also been roasting my own coffee for a few years.

Here's a link to a page that shows what coffee looks like as it roasts:

http://www.cbeinfo.net/miscellaneous/coffee.htm

I haven't updated that page (or the site, for that matter) in many years. The link in the text about the Zach and Danny's roaster is broken which is good because the Z&D roaster lasted a few years and then died. I bought another one and that lasted less than two years! I'm using an iRoast2 now, if anyone wants to buy a good roaster for home.

The iRoast2 is much faster than the Z&D - I just did a batch of coffee (150 grams) and this batch took about 8 mins of roasting and 4 mins of cooling. Roast time varies with the outdoor temp (I keep it on my porch) and the type of bean. You can grind coffee when it's just out of the roaster but experts recommend that you let it "off gas" (give off C02) for 24 hours first.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have an iRoast2 also. I can't wait for it to break so I can justify getting a Behmor :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    coffee-addict-300x197.jpg
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    IREALLLYREAALLLLYREALLYREALLLLLYLOOOOVEEMESOMECOFFEEEEE IDRINKITIINTHEMORNINGDRINKITINTHEAFTERNOONDRINKITINTHEEVENINGANDDRINKITUNDERTHEMOOOOOOOOON. ILOVEESZZZZCOFFE. ONETIMEIHAD10CUPSOFCOFFEEINONEDAYANDISTILLLLWANTEDMORECOFEEEEEEEEEEE CUZILOVESCOFFEEEEEESOMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ILUVSCOFFEE.