Wait 15 minutes!

Options
Something that I read about and I think works really well is after you finish what is on your plate and you still feel hungry (or so you think you do) Wait 15 minutes.. it takes about that long for your food to fill you up and give you that content - full feeling. If you are still hungry after 15 minutes - then maybe go back for more.

I have never gone back for more - this works great! :smile:

Replies

• tyandow2
    tyandow2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Something that I read about and I think works really well is after you finish what is on your plate and you still feel hungry (or so you think you do) Wait 15 minutes.. it takes about that long for your food to fill you up and give you that content - full feeling. If you are still hungry after 15 minutes - then maybe go back for more.

I have never gone back for more - this works great! :smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    This works great, and also, drinking a 16 oz bottle of water before and after a meal....
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for a while (yea but not like it really helped me heheheeh) but I usually weight 20 mins after a meal before I ask myself if i am still hungry and then I guzzle some water and ask myself that question again.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Stupid bodies...why can't it tell you INSTANTLY that you're full...instead you have to go through 15-20 mins of hunger and self-discipline to keep you from eating something else because your brain and your belly haven't connected yet :grumble: