Body weight exercise routines to build strength

Options
I'm interested in creating a strength training routine that focuses on building strength through body weight exercises (realizing I still need weight exercises for my lower body). My goal to be able to lift myself in any dangerous situation...such as a zombie apocalypse. Can anyone speak on this?

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Check out Ross Enamait's website(www.rosstraining.com), he has a lot of great info on bodyweight training and he walks his talk. you can also check out his youtube page. His Books and Dvd's are awesome and I feel underpriced for all the content they provide. Ross has outstanding customer service and is quick to reply to any emails.

Also check out www.beastskills.com, you will find free tutorials on how to do advanced bodyweight exercises.

If you interested pm with your email, I have some great stuff in pdf format.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning is a great book on body weight.
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I second Convict Conditioning, but will have to check out the other stuff mentioned as well.
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Find a TRX class near you! Its an hour long fitness class that focuses on body weight exercises through suspension and such.
  • Heidi_Edgi
    Heidi_Edgi Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was looking into Seal-fit but that will wait until I get through a Bob Harper video in its entirety and perhaps P90X, hadn't heard of the convict one but will give it a look. Advantage or maybe disadvantage of body-weight exercises is you no longer have the excuse of not having gym access or the right equipment since your equipment is always with you :P
  • ambut
    ambut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can try the Tough Mudder workout...it includes both cardio and strength training, works your whole body, and focuses on practical stuff (being strong versus building big muscles for show). It's not really a beginner workout but if you're already doing some stuff and are looking to get stronger, it's a good option: http://toughmudder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/TrainingPrep.pdf