What I call success... so far! :)

Options
I just want to start off by saying how much I love this site! I really think the support I'm getting from everyone on here is what is getting me through this, this go-around! :) So, thank you!

My name is Erin. I'm a 30 year old single mom and have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I really started getting "hefty" in 5th grade. Looking back I wish I knew what triggered it b/c I don't have a clue? I was active in sports and band through Middle School and then in High School I was a little less active. However, my Junior year I lost a ton of weight, probably not in a healthy way, but I was the thinnest I'd ever been. Once I went off to college for a semester I gained every bit back and then some. I guess you could say I was in a rut. Thought I was in a healthy relationship, we left school, came back home and got jobs, got married, had a baby girl, and it all started going downhill from there. I wish I knew what my biggest weight was back in 2005/2006... I'd say around 230 or so!!! Anyways, left him, got a divorce, grew up (a lot) and figured out what I actually wanted out of life. I've never been happier except for this lingering weight that I'm always carrying around. I have flucuated between 210-195 for the last 3 years and I'm sick of it! I've finally found that breaking point where I want to do something about and I want to do it in a healthy way.

I know people usually wait to write on the success page once they have met a significant goal, but let me tell you... Just taking this step has been a success for me! I joined MFP on January 3rd. So far I have lost 8 pounds and counting. My goal is to get down to around 145, so I've got a ways to go, however I'm not getting discouraged and I'm not planning on giving up. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed working out and have enjoyed keeping up with my calories. I think this is a very realistic goal for me to reach and I'm super stoked!

I just wanted to give myself a pat on the back and thank you all as well! You've been a big help in this journey. I've got a long ways to go so any other supporters feel free to add me! :)

Thanks for reading and good luck to us all!

Erin

Replies

• tknottstm
    Options
    Good luck - it is a lifetime job
  • joanneskilton
    Options
    you deserve a pat on the back well done! x
  • BillNich
    Options
    Erin,
    That is a success Great Job!!!!! you deserve to Brag way to go!!!
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Good luck. You got this!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    Good job! Staying positive and patting ourselves on the back once in a while is how we achieve our goals! You seem to have both actions hands down! You will make your goal!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Erin, just stay focused and you WILL succeed!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is a great start ... I started Jan 3rd as well - you sound like you are focused !! Stick with it !!
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started 1/2/2012 also. Way to go on your 8lbs. I have also lost 8lbs and I am already beginning to feel great. Stay with it. You have the right attitude to succeed.
  • kristikay52
    kristikay52 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love you bestie! I'm super proud of you. I've seen you struggle with different quick fixes and drop out pretty quick. I gotta say,something feels different this time. I see you fully committed to this and I know that this time is going to be successful. You're so motivated and have helped me recommit as well. Like you said, who would have thought our 30s were going to be our time to shine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!