Just 20 to lose but still could use some support!

Options
Hello,

My name is Tamara and I am finally trying to the last 20 pounds that wont seem to go away from way back when I had my daughter (she is 8 now)! I would love to hear from others to help me get ideas for nutrition and exercise that will become my lifestyle rather than just a fad diet. Would love to hear what motivates you. Looking for others that I can also maybe help along the way. Thanks

Replies

• bryannareyes
    Options
    I just lost 20 lbs and the only thing it takes is commitment! You can do it just don't cheat yourself! If you decide to eat something extra that you know you shouldn't have you should enter it in your food diary anyways because once you see the calories, the grams of fat and see how much longer it will take you to lose going at that rate it will prevent you from sneaking in that extra little no no you shouldn't have had in the first place. Also! save room for the no no's because if not you're just going to binge later on.
  • BillNich
    Options
    Hello Tamara,
    My name is Bill,
    I find I have to change my nutrition percentages when I start to plateau on my weight...For instance if I was consuming 50% Protein 30%Carbs and 20%Good Fats and my weight loss started to plateau then I would change my calorie percentages to 40% Protein 40% Carbs and 20% Good fats, and usually that would shock my system and I would start to see my weight decrease..
    I love working out to P90X & P90X2 the weight loss and strength I have gain has givin me confidience that I couldn't imagine for beign at the age of 48 I feel really good..Friend me if youre looking for a friend to help you stay motivated

Bill Nichols
  • cbriost
    cbriost Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally agree about lifestyle change. I HATE exercise, so I'm trying to do this just by adjusting my eating. It's so hard!
  • tamarahuskey
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Getting some good information on this site, I love it. One thing someone mentioned is not cheating yourself, that is so true. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and I find myself in the last few days wanting to have goodies. Then I dont want to put them in the diary because I feel guilty, I do in the end enter it but then I have that guilt still. Its been hard to work out for the last 5 days because of the unusual snow fall we have been getting. I just need to make the commitment to do the Wii Fit or something until I can get back out jogging or riding my bike. I love this site and how everyone is so friendly and helpful because in the end all we all really want is to be healthy!
  • tnlaw06
    tnlaw06 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Tamara! I'm in a similar situation. I want to lose about 18 more pounds, and I'm finding it hard to get those last few pounds off. I read through a lot of the articles and message boards last night, and I have to say, there is some VERY good information on this site for getting off the last few pounds. Good luck! You can do it!