JMs 30 Day Shred Level 1 complete ...

Options
124»

Replies

• i_like_snow
    i_like_snow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

I actually think level 2 is easier to do than level 1.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    P.S. I have read that muscle fatigue after several days of intense exercise can be attributed to an insufficient amount of protein!

I think that's my issue. I was sore/shaky (little bit, in a good way) the first few days, got over it and felt strong the next few, and then went back to feeling a little weak. I had an inkling it might be protein though, so I'm going to try to make an effort to eat eggs, or peanut butter toast, or cottage cheese for breakfast each day, instead of grabbing cold cereal because it's fast. (I work out in the morning, first thing.)
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    I just started...day 3 today. love it...only problem is the impact on my bad knee when doing the jumping jacks/running in place/jump rope.

My knees were *killing* me the first few days - I suspect I have tendonitis, they've always crackled like a b**ch, even as a kid. I couldn't even do the butt kicks at first, not due to endurance, but because my knees flat-out said NO SIR.

Here's what's helped: ICE. I've iced my knees after every workout, and it's helped any inflammation SO much. Also, IBUPROFEN. Again, get that inflammation down.

Also, treat your hips right. Many knee issues begin in the hip. Be sure to properly stretch your quads and hammies, and then go on to stretch your hips/IT bands. (Pigeon pose, or cross one leg over the other, twist and stretch, or lay on your back, cross one leg over, and pull the non-crossed knee to the chest - that sort of thing. A good crossed-leg wall stretch is amazing for the hips.) I also make sure to do a few 'dog-on-a-hydrant' leg lifts afterwards, to work out any stiffness in my hips and strengthen them.

I purchased some jumper's knee straps, but they've only just arrived - and I may not actually need them now, we'll see. My knees have gotten stronger. I can now do the butt kicks, but I do them on my yoga mat, which is over carpet - it adds just that much more cushioning that I can do it.
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    So, YAY! I completed L1D10 this morning. :-)

I was going to move on, but in addition to the protein issues I mentioned above, I think that some of my tiredness may be due to not taking a rest day yet. I don't feel I need one for 'rest' exactly - but maybe my muscles have other ideas.

So, what I think I'm going to do is do one more day of L1 (Friday), then make my 'rest day' Saturday - I usually go for an hour-long hike with a friend on Saturdays, so I'll do that instead, and then start in on L2 on Sunday. :-)

It's still scary, and tough - but I can do it. I AM doing it. And I'm not gonna stop. :-)
  • jsegli
    jsegli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    great job, I literally just finished day 2, I am sore!

I promise it gets better :)
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Wow. Love to hear this! I am on day 5 of level one of the 30DS and it is no joke. I started out at about the same weight. I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work!

THanks so much :) oh and apparently your past the worst Day 3-4 is make or break apparently so yay WTG x
  • LorahJo
    Options
    That is so so great! What an accomplishment! You are awesome and an inspiration to me to get off my butt and just go do it, even though some days I just don't feel like it! Great Job!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Wow thanks ! :flowerforyou: do it .. after you'll be smiling x
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oooy, level 2... honestly, I almost threw up the first time i did level 2! BUT it got easier!

I finished 5 weeks of the 30 ds last summer... I lost 27 pounds in 5 weeks and my husband lost 17! It works!

I have pictures in my album of my before and after 30 DS results :)
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done, i have just done L2 D2, and its hard! :( Havent noticed a difference on scales either but i am starting to feel trimmer so hopefully after the 30 days will see a difference in inches xx
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Im SO nervous to start level 2. AHHHH!:noway: I just finished Day 4, so I know 6 days will fly by. I'm doing it 30 days straight also! If you'd like to add me, I'd love the extra support! Good luck with Level 2! And awesome weight loss... I hear different stories about some people losing inches and NO weight and then I hear that people lose inches and weight! I hope to lose both of course :bigsmile:

10876412.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • snarff2012
    snarff2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss! You've really motivated me to try it.
    Do you need lots of space to do the 30 day shred ? As I really want to give it a go but our flat is pretty small :(
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for jumping jacks and to lay down on the floor for some crunches? That's all the room you need.
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level one. Man it really is kicking my *kitten* but I like being sore it shows me I'm getting somewhere. :D
  • snarff2012
    snarff2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for jumping jacks and to lay down on the floor for some crunches? That's all the room you need.

With a little bit of rearranging I should do, thanks!
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Awesome!! You rock it girl!

So I think we are on the same days too.... I started Level 2, Day 1 last night and call me crazy, but I really enjoyed it. It seems like it goes by faster.

I didn't do measurements, but my start weight was 179 and I weighed in this morning and am 173.

Are you doing any cardio along with the Shred?

Hey, Thanks! :)

WOw Level 2 was different!! I didnt know where to throw my body lol!

Im just walking to work 45 mins in the mornings I might do something extra this weekend :) Keep it up girl! x
  • LorahJo
    Options
    congrats! way to keep up with it! It's not easy!

Can I do just legs and not arms?

NO YOU CANNOT!

Hahahaha but whyyyy not!!! :) lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!