P90X Results

Options
I have started and stopped P90X too many times to count. And I am thinking about trying it again, last time I made it to 60 days and then dropped it. I was wondering if people who have done it (women mostly) can tell me what their results were (pics are welcome). I am trying to lose 15lbs (out of the 30lbs total I want to lose).

Replies

• cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I have done it many times. Last round I did doubles and lost 20 lbs.

But I have mainly see good tightening and toning, muscle development, and defining, all over, and fat loss, though the scale weight is heavier, then last time I was at this same clothing and body size, I am actually smaller, tighter, leaner, and non-jiggly. So I look better overall.

Key for me for fastest fat loss:

Don't let scale weight be your only guide, also do inch measurements from many body areas. Much more accurate then scale only, which cannot tell you how much you have lost of fat vs muscle. Muscle looks tighter and leaner, so you WANT to keep, and increase that, but lose the fat.

Lift heavier weights as opposed to lighter for faster better results.

Eat enough calories, if you under-eat, your results will suffer.

Eat enough protein, higher then MFP ranges. I use 1 gram per lb of lean body weight.

I have some pics in my profile, but sorry, no before/after. Not great ones, taken with a cell phone, spur of the moment. Plan to add more in a few months when I reach my bodyfat level goal.

I have lost 60 lbs total, P90X helped for about 40 lbs of that I would say. Went from size tight 18 - to Junior size 8/9 (8 is my size goal, with lower bodyfat then I have right now)
  • cdngrl81
    Options

How many calories would you recommend??
  • cdngrl81
    Options
    bump
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    i don't know for you.

But do not go with MFP range for two pound loss a week, by eating 1200 calories. :)

For me (I am 5'2", 47 pounds, and use the workout level: intense 5 days a week) the rough range for me to lose weight is:
    1152 - 1535 Calories/day, Maintenance: is 1919 Calories/day

Using this site:

http://www.diet-blog.com/05/how_to_calculate_your_daily_calorie_needs.php

I started out at 1200 cals a day, lost some weight, then stalled. Then I begin to inch up my calorie consumption a bit at a time. So far, it looks for me about 1600-1700 a day might be my best place, but I may even need to go up still. I am still tweaking things.

With P90X, you are not only losing fat, you are also stressing, tearing, rebuilding, conditioning, muscle you have. Hopefully even adding on some new muscle. All that takes more calories then those need for just "fat loss", you need extra calories and protein to allow your body to repair, and rebuild the lean muscle you have, to keep it, and tighten it up, to make you look fit. You need some carbs for energy.

I would start at MFP goal of lose 1 lb per week, and eat enough protein, and see how things go in a week or two. If you are staving, that means you need to eat more, so check that you are getting enough protein, and check your calories. Eat back some exercise calories also. Don't be afraid to eat if you are hungry, just make good choices.

Do tape measurements from many body areas, and do again every 30 days. Often the scale may "say" no weight loss, or even a gain (water) or a few pounds, but tape measurements will give better accuracy. I often lose inches before scale weight.

Look at the overall picture - don't panic from weight change from one week to the next, look at the trend. What happened overall - over 30 days? 60 days? 90 days? The body can easily fluctuate pounds plus or minus 3-5 pounds from one day to the next, dues to water, glycogen, waste products in your system, undigested food etc.

But the overall trend will better tell you how things are really going, along with clothing fit.

Most of all stick with it!!

The pain today WILL be worth it when you reach your goal. You will not remember the struggles then, just the satisfaction of "being there"
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight but mostly inches. Still do some of the workouts just because they're fun! On the inches lost... I believe it totaled somewhere near 20 inches through my whole body.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options

How many calories would you recommend??

Start with what you are allotted here, and eat back your exercise calories. You can gauge it from there and see what is working for you.
    I am currently doing it was in the maintenance phase, as I was at my weight loss goal. I had to change my goals to "gain 1/2 lb. per week" just to not lose any more... PLUS I ate my exercise calories back. It is different for everyone as all our metabolisms are unique. But it does burn fat well, make sure you are getting good quality protein and enough protein. Also get good carbs in there too. Wear a hrm monitor too....if you do that program and you dip below 1200 calories daily with a calorie burn you are setting yourself up for failure.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm wrapping up my 2nd full round this week. I've actually gained weight this round but got more muscle definition. I have more pictures of results from round 1 in my profile if you want to see. Good luck to you!
  • mishaky
    Options
    i don't know for you.

But do not go with MFP range for two pound loss a week, by eating 1200 calories. :)

For me (I am 5'2", 47 pounds, and use the workout level: intense 5 days a week) the rough range for me to lose weight is:
    1152 - 1535 Calories/day, Maintenance: is 1919 Calories/day

Using this site:

http://www.diet-blog.com/05/how_to_calculate_your_daily_calorie_needs.php

I started out at 1200 cals a day, lost some weight, then stalled. Then I begin to inch up my calorie consumption a bit at a time. So far, it looks for me about 1600-1700 a day might be my best place, but I may even need to go up still. I am still tweaking things.

With P90X, you are not only losing fat, you are also stressing, tearing, rebuilding, conditioning, muscle you have. Hopefully even adding on some new muscle. All that takes more calories then those need for just "fat loss", you need extra calories and protein to allow your body to repair, and rebuild the lean muscle you have, to keep it, and tighten it up, to make you look fit. You need some carbs for energy.

I would start at MFP goal of lose 1 lb per week, and eat enough protein, and see how things go in a week or two. If you are staving, that means you need to eat more, so check that you are getting enough protein, and check your calories. Eat back some exercise calories also. Don't be afraid to eat if you are hungry, just make good choices.

Do tape measurements from many body areas, and do again every 30 days. Often the scale may "say" no weight loss, or even a gain (water) or a few pounds, but tape measurements will give better accuracy. I often lose inches before scale weight.

Look at the overall picture - don't panic from weight change from one week to the next, look at the trend. What happened overall - over 30 days? 60 days? 90 days? The body can easily fluctuate pounds plus or minus 3-5 pounds from one day to the next, dues to water, glycogen, waste products in your system, undigested food etc.

But the overall trend will better tell you how things are really going, along with clothing fit.

Most of all stick with it!!

The pain today WILL be worth it when you reach your goal. You will not remember the struggles then, just the satisfaction of "being there"

I'm actually similar build to yours but with just about over 35pound to lose,I liked your post, may be I need to change my setting a bit so I take more calories,protein,carbs etc in, but due to my work schedule and college I can rarely fit in more than 1200cals per day as usually awake at night and sleep from1am-10am, also the variety of food and seeds I'm eating keep me fuller for longer,I'm stuck to what I can do to eat back all my exercise calories, I workout more than 5times, sometimes at-least twice a day, Also I do KettleWorx.
    It worries me to know If I don't up my intake the weight loss will stall
  • deethinner
    deethinner Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    P90X What is this? I have seen it on many posts lately. But never heard of it.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried P90X yet, but I want to give it a try. At the moment, I am doing INSANITY and I love it! INSANITY will push you past your limits and give you a big surprise at how much you can actually do. Good luck! :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes I did it and had good results. Check out my video. I also did Insanity, Asylum and now P90X 2 :)

http://youtu.be/nTefXPYEY7E
  • HealthyisBeauty
    HealthyisBeauty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get p90x for cheaper? Im a college student and really want to do it but its so expensive! Thanks :-)
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am in my 3rd week. I am doing the "lean" version because I am pretty big and need to lose weight and tone. I have lost 3lbs and I too pictures at the start and today. I am excited to measure at the end of the first 30 days to see how many inches I am down. I haven't posted them on here, although I probably should.
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    P90X is ok but I don't love it.....I do like to work P90X2 into an evening workout if I can. INSANITY I do like 4 times a week at 545AM and it is crazy good. I like the ones with the instructor Sean T . or maybe he spells it Shawn T ... not sure but I love INSANITY
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I'm wrapping up my 2nd full round this week. I've actually gained weight this round but got more muscle definition. I have more pictures of results from round 1 in my profile if you want to see. Good luck to you!
    Wow, you look incredible! I definitely dont have the money to do it this quarter, but I want a back like yours damn it! I think I will definitely try it out. Were you super weak and sore when you were doing it the first time? Will it affect my ability to perform at work/school? Thats what I'm most concerned about.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get p90x for cheaper? Im a college student and really want to do it but its so expensive! Thanks :-)
    Yeah, same here.
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I'm doing a program called Supreme 90 Day Challenge. From the reviews I read its like p90x but the videos are 30 min long and it cost 19.99 at collagevideo.com
  • tataliciousd89
    Options

I'm doing a program called Supreme 90 Day Challenge. From the reviews I read its like p90x but the videos are 30 min long and it cost 19.99 at collagevideo.com
    Wow, thanks I'll have to check that out.