HELP!!

Options
I am completely committed to this, and feel like I do a pretty good job of making good choices, but for the past couple of days, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing - I'm always starving!!! I'm trying so hard to stay on program and make good choices, but it's getting increasingly difficult when what I feel like doing is chowing down on a bag of chips and dip. I'm definitely craving crunchy, salty things, nothing sweet, and I'm legitimately hungry, not just bored or having "cravings."

I track on my WW site, but I can tell you today I've eaten:

Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with splenda and LF half-and-half
Bowl of cream of wheat

Snack:
Cup of fresh pineapple
1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese

Lunch:
Healthy Choice steamers pasta/chicken
100 Calorie pack Oreo crisps
Coffee with splenda and LF half-and-half

I just had (at 3:45pm) a bowl of curried chicken/israeli couscous salad with dried cherries. I feel satisfied now, but that set me back 10 WW Points. I knew that a piece of cheese wasn't going to cut it, I was starving!!

Thoughts? Thanks so much!

Replies

• swissmiss1952
    Options
    Water, water, and more water....
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I should have added....I'm downing water like crazy!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    ear more fresh veggies! They are little calories and you can eat a ton of them. Also drinking tea helps me. Variety is also really important. You will get bored if you are doing the same thing all the time.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    baby carrots, celery, a cup of dry cereal,light microwave kettle corn popcorn,an apple, green beans. I actually have noticed my hunger more this week also. But I work trick work and on the b shift it is quiet so boredom sets in. these suggestions are what I eat, most of my food on bshift is in the snack catagory, but mostly healthy stuff. good luck. Oh and last night I was very hungry ,so when I got home I beelined to bed!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That doesn't look like a whole lot of food. If you're hungry, maybe MFP's settings aren't right for you. Everybody is different. Add more protein and fiber into your diet as well as fruits and vegetables.
  • aylobi
    aylobi Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the same problem until I discovered a really motivating web site, what changed my thinking. Try not to concentrate on the details, like food (that is why you feel starving - and constantly thinking about food). You have to realize it is a life changing journey you are on, and may be slow down with the weight loss program, eat a bit more, you will not feel deprived and you will acheive what you want - it just may take a bit longer. It is a bit more complicated, so spend some time to find out more on: fat2fitradio.com
    I downloaded their podcasts on my ipod and listen to their program and philosophy daily. Now my life has changed. It is motivating to listen to their advice and to listen to one guy's journey on loosing weight slowly and thoughtfully. Hope his example will guide you too..
  • anitraritchie
    Options
    when I have a craving I eat a piece of fruit or veggie first and drink some water then decide if I really want it. Usually the craving is taken care of from the sugar in the fruit. It has worked wonders for me. Good luck. Also imagine your disappointment after you have given in and eaten it. Is it worth it?