Body Fat

Options
Anyone have a scale that measures bodyfat? Can you recommend one that seems to be accurate? Some posts talk about how "my bodyfat is X." Is this how they are measuring it?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    lots of those calculators on line and scales that measure body fat have huge margins of error. the best way to have body fat measurements taken is to do a submersion test---but this is expensive and few places do it. the second best option is to have a trainer (or even a friend who can be consistent in taking measurements) to measure you with calipers. Generally measurements are taken from your triceps, hip area, and thigh and then are used to determine body fat %. Most gyms will do this for free.
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to cover my body lol
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I just bought a scale that measures body fat, BMI, muscle %, water%, and BMR in addition to your weight. It's made by Taylor and I got it at Kohl's. I think I even saw some at Target recently. The scale uses electric impulses to calculate fat%. I think mine is accurate because it pretty much jives with the online calculators I've used.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have a scale that measures body fat . It appears to run a little high for me though. It sends a little electrical wave through your body, starting at your feet. I'm pear shaped and I think that is the only part it measures! LOL! It had my body fat at 28% and I went down to my neighborhood Curves and they measured me the same day with the devise you hold in your hands and came up with 24.8%. I figure I'm 26% just by averaging! Most of us go to the "tools" section here on MFP and they have a calculator there! Good luck!