i need a chocolate

Options
hi im new to my MFP and im finding this is a great way to track my progress/food/fitness. I only have 1 problem and its I REALLY MISS CHOCOLATE. i am a severe chocoholic and im finding it pretty hard not to go on a chocolate binge. ive tried eating fruit to take away the cravings but this doesn't work for me. any suggestions on what's best for a daily chocolate fix? that doesn't contain to much cal/carbs/fat. thanks

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    chocolate frozen yogurt...in moderation.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey...Extreme Milk Chocolate (tastes great mixed with water; 130 calories, and 24 g of protein). can't beat it. There's another chocolate flavor as well but I haven't tried it.

chocolate that is at least 70% cacao (not to be confused with cocoa) is healthy in moderation.....but it may not satisfy your craving because it won't taste like the chocolate you're probably used to eating.
  • beth2662
    beth2662 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    granola bars that have chocolate chunks! you can find some with under 100 calories. they taste good and satisfy my chocolate cravings
  • xanthochroid
    Options
    thanks.....i found some harvest chewee milk choc chip bars....92 calories a bar..:)....they taste yummy
  • klynn22091
    klynn22091 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yoplait chocolate mousse whips frozen...just like ice cream, 140 cals
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    Try the Fiber One chocolate fudge brownies. Only 90 calories for one brownie and they're delicious!
  • alleyrat
    Options
    I have Atkins bars. They come in different flavours and different calorie counts, but have good protien and low carbs. (High in fat though). I work one a day into my calorie limit and that satsfies the craving. In NZ we also have Jarrah cholatte drink which is only 46 cals and really nice.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I buy extra dark chocolate and just eat a piece after dinner... my current fave is Scharffen Berger Extra Dark Chocolate 82%. I also like Diana's Banana's Banana Babies (half a frozen banana, dipped in chocolate). Delish!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy mini york patties. 45 calories and it takes away my most severe chocolate cravings. The problem is not eating the whole bag. Maybe I should get a bag and hide them in the back of the freezer...
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Try the Fiber One chocolate fudge brownies. Only 90 calories for one brownie and they're delicious!

Yes, they are!
  • megansoriano
    Options
    I keep dark chocolate in my freezer. So when I need to fix that craving I just break off a piece. . . or a few pieces. I try not to go overboard but I love my dark chocolate. Especially that Dove Cherry Dark Chocolate Swirl. . . .oooo lord.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    When and if you can live with smaller portions, maybe have the Dove dark or fun size three musketeers bars in your home. Tell yourself that 1-2 is all you will allow yourself on any given day. Then take a long time to enjoy it. I also enjoy the chocolate drizzled fiber bars. Best of luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Dove Dark Chocolate Promises are only 42 calories for 1 piece. They are nice and rich and one is always enough. I think I am going to eat one right now!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate pudding cups, fudgesicles (both I get the sugar free as my husband is diabetic). If I want candy, I choose kisses or miniatures and limit myself to 4 kisses and 2 miniatures.
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Do not deprive yourself of the things that you love or your more likley to overindulge on them later. When I have a chocolate attack I get a hershey bar they are 210 calories for the standard size bar.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Do not deprive yourself of the things that you love or your more likley to overindulge on them later. When I have a chocolate attack I get a hershey bar they are 210 calories for the standard size bar.

i agree with the first part- if you're used to having a chocolate bar at the end of the day, you should still indulge yourself so you don't feel deprived and you won't binge later. i've found that semi-sweet chocolate chips are good for me- i force myself to have them one at a time, so they last longer and i feel like i'm eating more than i am. as long as it's not putting you over your calories, let yourself have a little treat.
  • xanthochroid
    Options
    thanks everyone....i'l be keeping an eye out for some of the above on my next shop....i may have to travel into the city as im from a small town...my local tescos supermarket isn't that great...:(