Options
when you go to subway what is the lowest calorie sandwich with toppings

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is go to their web site,
    and build your own sub. That way you can
    track calories, sodium, fats, everything.

http://www.subway.com/Menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35

Now I usually get he turkey & black forest ham.
    Go with swiss cheese if you need it, it's lower in
    sodium. I now choose cucumbers over pickles,
    and even lay off the black olives.

(e.g.)

Turkey Breast & Black Forest Ham

SERVING SIZE (g)

CALORIES

Calories from Fat

TOTAL FAT (g)

Saturated Fat (g)

Trans Fat (g)

CHOLESTEROL (mg)

SODIUM (mg)

CARBOHYDRATES (G)

Dietary Fibers (g)

Sugar (g)

PROTEIN (G)

VITAMIN A % DV

VITAMIN C % DV

CALCIUM % DV

IRON % DV

My 0.02
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I get a ham kids meal. No cheese most of the time, spicy mustard, and lots of veggies. I get the whole meals so I get the apple slices and then drink water with it. Or chocolate milk if I have calories to spare.

ETA: the sandwich has 180cals and the apples are 35, so that's 215 for the whole meal (if I'm drinking water).
  • SISDONNAK
    SISDONNAK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    all veggies on honey oat or whole wheat bread - yummmmmmmmy!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    ham with wheat bread,
    lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber, capsicum no cheese and sweet onion
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I get the turkey, no cheese on wheat with all the veggies and pepper and mustard for less than 300 cals. 280 I think. :bigsmile:
  • adamsonam
    adamsonam Posts: 127
    Options
    The best thing to do is go to their web site,
    and build your own sub. That way you can
    track calories, sodium, fats, everything.

http://www.subway.com/Menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35

This is what I always do!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I gtt the egg white &ham on wheat bread eith just a bit of spinach, the last time I went. It was delish!
  • EliseEternity025427
    Options
    I can beat all of those, and trust me. You will be stuffed afterwards.

I always get a vegie delight or ham salad bowl. THey throw in tones of all the good things like lettuce, carott, cucumber, pickles, onion, olives and capsicuim. I add two scoups of avocado because i love the stuff and top mine off with tones of Marinara sauce as its only 16 cal per serving (21g).

All up my salad will come to around 85 cal with the two scoups of avocado, or about 48 without.

Im addicted to it, and am not afraid to admitt it.
  • jeremysherriff
    Options
    <while munching on my subway> 6" turkey double meat (has less sodium than turkey+ham), no cheese, FRESH, salad as you like it. Be careful of the "lite" sauces as they can contain lots of sugar, they are only lite in fat. I go with sweet onion.

Note that the wrap has higher calories than the bread, and as it's less filling you're more likely to snack later. All the breads are about the same for calories, so go with wheat to get a bit more fibre.

And APPLES!! yum

Edit: liking the salad idea ^^
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The chicken and tuna subs on whole wheat are good.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I get a plain piece of roasted chicken and a bowl of soup.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    salads are the lowest cal (with no sauces) but not enough protein for me & just doesn't fill me up unless I get double meat.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Not sure on the calories.... but I like to get a chicken salad, with half lettuce half spinach and then all the veggies you want. I usually just get cucumber and green pepper as I am some what of a picky eater. I bring it home and put my own dressing on, usually a few sprays of balsamic vinegrette. Very tasty and for me very filling.
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Three days a week...
    Six inch turkey with lettuce and light mayo on Honey Oat. 370 calories
    Bottle of Diet Nestea Iced Tea with Lemon.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    6" veggy all veggies on wheat with " a small squirt" (really, that's what I say) of chipotle. mmmmmm I want subway now lol
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Veggie Delight is 240 calories no cheese
    Turkey Breast and Black Forest Ham is 280 calories no cheese
    With mustard or spicey mustard only everything else adds calories

Wheat bread is good Flat Bread adds a few more calories but I think tastes better
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    sometimes i'll hit subway for my PWO meal, :p

12 inch, roasted chicken, no cheese, plenty of salads, sweet chilli sauce. and double meat of course!

Awesome meal. :p

But completely off topic really, haha!

if you want the bread, stick with roasted chicken, drop the cheese and minimise the sauce (or drop it in favor of salt and pepper) and avoid the avocado temptation!

That will keep it low enough.
    But for macro balance, you really wanna add double meat and avocado :p, which really isnt that much more calories.
    Its all in the planning really, to fit it in with the rest of your days intake.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't go for the lowest in calories because my goal is 1550-1650 a day. So my sub typically has between 300-400 calories on it. I get the Subway Club with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, and no condiments. I also get the Italian bread instead of wheat bread cause according to their website, it has less carbs and more fiber than the "whole wheat" kind (doesn't make sense, does it? That's why it's good to look at their website!!!)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't go for the lowest in calories because my goal is 1550-1650 a day. So my sub typically has between 300-400 calories on it. I get the Subway Club with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, and no condiments. I also get the Italian bread instead of wheat bread cause according to their website, it has less carbs and more fiber than the "whole wheat" kind (doesn't make sense, does it? That's why it's good to look at their website!!!)

Just had a look at the australian nutrition guide here.
    http://www.subway.com.au/assets/documents/auswebnutrition_11212011.pdf

Doesn't look like that's the case for us.

Honey oat FTW :)
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options

My goal is 1770. The Italian Bread, or Hearty Italian
    also have the least amount of sodium as well.