Long Distance

Options
I know this has nothing to do with weight loss and such but its eating at me and I've got no one to talk to.

My boyfriend lives 2 hours away, and because of my work schedule we get together every other weekend and every other Thursday (if the weather is good). Well my friends are having a party this Saturday night (was suppose to be last Saturday night) and they are bugging me because I'm not going.

I'm lost for what to do. I already had it planned to go to my boyfriend's this weekend, before they changed the date. Feel like either way I'm going to piss someone off. Also from my boyfriends it would be a 2.5 hour drive to be there for "9pm-ish".

What would you do in this situation?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Depends on how serious the relationship really is. I'd lean toward the friends. Perhaps he could drive your way and join you where ever the party ends up?
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I would pick the party ... its happens less often then seeing the relationship type person. Its cool! things come up. Can't plan out your life all the time. He can always join you at the party correct?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Who did you say yes to first?

When someone changes a date, you are not obligated to change your schedule to fit their needs.

They'll get over it.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I know this has nothing to do with weight loss and such but its eating at me and I've got no one to talk to.

My boyfriend lives 2 hours away, and because of my work schedule we get together every other weekend and every other Thursday (if the weather is good). Well my friends are having a party this Saturday night (was suppose to be last Saturday night) and they are bugging me because I'm not going.

I'm lost for what to do. I already had it planned to go to my boyfriend's this weekend, before they changed the date. Feel like either way I'm going to piss someone off. Also from my boyfriends it would be a 2.5 hour drive to be there for "9pm-ish".

What would you do in this situation?

What are you leaning more towards? I would see my boyfriend, if it were me.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I said yes to the boyfriend first because the party was changed after that to this weekend, from last.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    I would pick the party ... its happens less often then seeing the relationship type person. Its cool! things come up. Can't plan out your life all the time. He can always join you at the party correct?

He can't talk, so at this party he would be stuck in a corner and unable to socialize.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    Who did you say yes to first?

When someone changes a date, you are not obligated to change your schedule to fit their needs.

They'll get over it.

Thanks, they just don't understand because they live with their boyfriends.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I did the long distance thing for the exaxt time away as you with my husband (Then he was my boyfriend), he was 2 hours away. I made the drives. Sometimes I would not get there till 11pm or midnight, but I got there. We did that for 4 1/2 years. If you said you would see him, do it! They didn't plan the party well enough and that's not your fault or problem.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    Very true Slove009, thank you.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

He can't talk, so at this party he would be stuck in a corner and unable to socialize.

He can't talk?
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have suffered through many-a-party for my gfs, wether he can talk or not is not really an issue, you don't need to talk to communicate and you don't need to talk to go to a party with your hot gf.
  • ashnm88
    Options

He can't talk?

Health problem
  • ashnm88
    Options
    I have suffered through many-a-party for my gfs, wether he can talk or not is not really an issue, you don't need to talk to communicate and you don't need to talk to go to a party with your hot gf.

Not a real partier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Do what you want to do, and don't worry about who is going to get pissed off.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    Thanks MissFit :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Thanks MissFit :)

I have been in your situation before, so I know how it feels, and you can never make everyone happy, so you just have to do what makes you happy.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is currently 20 hrs away and we see each other once a month. It has been hard but it's so worth it. I am moving to where he is in august so not too much longer to go and we spent 2 years together in the same city so we had a great foundation. Anyway if it were me I'd pick him.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    1. Dont ask ppl here what they would do--they have no stake in the outcome of your choice.

2. Do what you want--true friends wont get pissed off if you hang w the bf--they changed the date, not you.

3. There is no 3, just wanted it to seem like more options.

Luck.
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    Buy him an XBOX
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    First world problem