What's your best guess?

Options
I have never counted calories in my life until I started this site about 2 weeks ago. Tonight I went out to eat at a Bar and Grill called Gippers in Green Bay, WI . I ordered this (below)... NO SOUR CREAM.

Tuscan Chicken Quesadilla
Tender sliced chicken breast, roasted red peppers, basil pesto sauce and mozzarella cheese folded into a garden vegetable tortilla then lightly grilled. Served with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream and salsa -

I ate 3 out of the 4 large pieces. (Should have stopped at 2 <sigh>)

So can anyone give me a ballpark figure or a best guess on how many calories I consumed? I would really appriciate it :)

Replies

• hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Break it down ingredient by ingredient. Guestimate the serving size of each ingredient. There's way too many variables to just guess on the total of the whole thing. Was there a lot of chicken? Just a little bit? etc.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You could enter all the ingredients in your create a recipe section. It will figure it out for you and just add .75 of the recipe.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Go to the website and see if they have a nutritional facts for their food. My hubs and I are going to Red Lobster this weekend and I know their site has the nutritional facts. Trying to do my homework so I will be prepared!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You could enter all the ingredients in your create a recipe section. It will figure it out for you and just add .75 of the recipe.

This is what I usually do. A tortilla can come in so many sizes. And the amount of chicken can vary. And cheese is the WORST culprit....there is sooo very little in a "serving"....there was probably several servings of cheese in your meal.

Kudos on skipping the sour cream. That's my favorite part...LOL
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't have a guess but you probably should have jogged home.....:wink:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Chicken-_-Basil-Quesadillas-Recipezaar

This site shows about 700 calories per serving on this recipe which sounded close.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    There were large strips of grilled chicken on it. Unfortunalty they dont have the nutrional info on their website. I only skipped the sour cream because I dont even like the stuff..lol I LOVE salsa though, num num. I guess I am going to just have to wing it on the amounts of the ingredients. Thanks anyways.
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    I don't have a guess but you probably should have jogged home.....:wink:

LOL, does it count that I ran 25 mins before going out to eat, and an additional 25 on the elliptical. :)
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Chicken-_-Basil-Quesadillas-Recipezaar

This site shows about 700 calories per serving on this recipe which sounded close.

Thanks so much, I still have 1000 to eat today because of my exercise points, so I am happy with 700!
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    Okay, I did the work, I created the recipie the best I could. I came up with 715 calories, then when I entered that I ate 3/4 of it, I got 536 I think it was, so previous poster was pretty much spot on with the 700! I am going to add on an additional 150 calories, just to be on the safe side. Not bad though, It was better then I had expected it to be. But one the the best choices on the menu that I could tell. But I am very limited on my knowledge with this stuff :) Thanks for you help everyone!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not bad though, It was better then I had expected it to be. But one the the best choices on the menu that I could tell. But I am very limited on my knowledge with this stuff :)

Sound like you may know a little more than you give yourself credit for. :wink:

If you can get out of any restaurant for 500-700 calories I think you're doing great. It's so hard to eat out with everything that you feel is so tasty is actually so bad for you. Kudos on your successful dinner out!
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    Thanks so much bpayne :)