Is anyone else single???

Options
It may be just me, but I feel everyone on here is either married, in a relationship or has kids. By no means do i think its a bad thing, its just sometimes I feel like I cant relate to them as I would to someone in my same situation. And truth be told I'm having one of those "single days", where you second guess, why am I not in a relationship. Why doesn;t he like me the way I like him...or in my case why won't you just tell me you love me already and lets do this!!! (the last one is super complicated and maybe I will explain one day, but i think if I do I will cry at work and I hate that).

It's days like these I am compelled to drink wine and eat french fries while watching Diners, Drive-in's & Dives, contemplating why I am single!!!! (thats probably the reason why Ive been single for over a year now hahaha) But seriously I have been feeling amazing about myself lately, my clothes are fitting better, I've been doing amazing on my meal plans and have exercised more in the last 2 weeks then I have in the last 2 months!! So why am I depressed? Why am I letting some stupid boy get to me and most importantly why am I thinking about reverting to my old ways for comfort???

This is where you come in, is there anyone out there who is in the same boat as me? Even if not exactly, even if your happily married with beautiful babies, how do you get yourself out of a funk???

Sorry for the melodrama, its just one of those days....

Thanks for whoever listens

-D

Replies

• JSnow32
    Options
    You sound like my one of my closest friends and I'll tell you what I tell her. Its nothing you can control right now. Worry about the things you can control. You can't control whether or not the ball bounces your way where guys are concerned , but you can control how you react to it. I don't know you from the Mary, so I can't speak on your personality, but what I can say is, don't let it consume you. She allows it to consume her and that is a big reason why she is single, is because she has become an extremely bitter person. Is it something your doing or not doing? Maybe along with you working on your outer appearance and health, I don't know, is there parts of yourf personality that could be worked on ? Why are you letting a stupid boy get to you? Well you're a girl so that's automatic. :)

Your time will come, don't worry about that, everyone gets their shot.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Oh man there are so many young married people on here! Makes me feel old and I am only 24 :huh:
  • JSnow32
    Options
    ^^ Ripe old age of 24 you forgot lol
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I'm single!

Somedays I wish i wasn't, but I swear im the only lesbian in 50 miles here! lol.

I have to go clear to pittsburgh which is over an hour and a half away to find any decent looking girls that even began to be interested in,
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Today is one of those days for me as well...Well lately and I know its because my birthday is around the corner, and I will be alone this time around. So yea....also I get so tired of seeing everyone at school coupled up.
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Usually I am the one telling people not worry about love, life and the pursuit of happiness and to just be. I, for the most part, love who I am on the inside and now that Im working on the outside I could only go up from there. I am PMSing so that could be a huge part of my blah attitude. I hate when that happens to me. But your right I cant control "the boy or lack there of" problem in my life and your absolutely right about not letting it consume me. Thank you so much for kind words, i needed a little kick back in the right direction. And it helps sometimes from people you dont know. Thank you ;)
  • JSnow32
    Options
    Some people who are single wish they had someone , some people that are with someone wish they were single, and the others are happy where they are. What a strange world we live in. :)
  • 21shiva
    Options
    Ill be ur friend. I have been single for 10 yrs. I do have 2 adult children. Trying to lose weight fot my health.(doc told me to).
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I flippin love this post. . Hey I have a child, but I am a single mom, so I am just as single as anyone else, and yes I can relate to watching Diners, drive ins and dives, and having some wine. . lol:bigsmile: