any suggestions on losing that stubborn leg and thigh fat

Options
:bigsmile:
Any suggestions on things i can do to really work my thighs and lost some inches off my thighs?
That is definetely my problem area. And im sure im not alone :-)

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    As I'm sure others will say, we can't spot reduce, BUT you can work your muscles. Good exercises for thighs in general are squats, lunges, RUNNING. Things like that.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think running is probably best for getting the legs and butt in nice shape.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    8 minute legs/ 8 minute buns is a great toner. They are the same company that did 8 minute abs. Google it and it will come up right away. They will work together with the cardio you already do and you will see results quickly (couple weeks).
  • Dammitviv
    Dammitviv Posts: 117
    Options
    Strength training in addition to cardio will help tighten and tone as you slim down. The result will be all over, not just in the thighs. :smile:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    exactly you can spot reduce fat.

there is no such thing as tone and tighten or hardening muscles.

if you find yourself flabby in areas..its because you lack muscle mass. for women, thighs and abdomen and glutes are the last to lose fat. its just where we genetically hold it. of course there are those who have different genetics, but thats the general rule.

no matter how much weight you lose, if you are losing muscle mass as well, you will always appear flabby or skinny fat. I have been lifting for over a year now. and believe me, no amount of lifting will tighten or tone anything. losing body fat will show muscle and give you that 'toned' look. but only if you've worked to maintain muscle.

hardening, or tightening muscle occurs because when we lift, we create micro trauma to the muscle. fluids rush in because of inflammation and give us that "pump" look. but its only temporary.
  • Face2012
    Options
    thanks for all the tips, comments and suggestions everyone!