HELP! I don't eat enough?

Options
so, according to MFP I don't eat enough at all. If I want to lose 2lbs a week I need to eat at least 1200 cal, well I get to about 1100 at most on a 'fat' day for me. I am 5'4, 135lbs (if my scales right that is). My measurements are 34, 26, 39 (bust, waist hips). I don't drink alcohol or sodas or even juice. So, how do I eat more? I am a Ukrainian Dancer, dance for 3hours once a week, workout 2-3x a week doing a circuit given to me by a PT. I would love to get down to 115lbs.

Please help me! What should I eat, how can I get more cal in without physically eating more than 3 meals a day(decent sized ones).

Help?!

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    You need more carbs if you are burning so much energy and calories throughout the day. Start adding more potatoes and pasta to your meals. Add bread to your meal, like a dinner roll or a slice of regular bread. Make sure to give yourself desserts at the end of the day as a treat for being so healthy.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You think you don't eat enough now. Wait til you hear what I have to say. :P

You only need to lose 20lbs. You should set MFP to lose .5 to 1 lb per week. (More calories) You are dancing 3 x per week, you should be eating those calories back too. (More calories).

How do you do that? If you are not getting it currently. Try adding calorie dense foods to your diet. Instead of choosing no fat or low fat options. Choose the full fat version. Peanut Butter. Whole Wheat breads and pastas. Nuts. Avocado.
  • CkdJ92
    CkdJ92 Posts: 13
    Options
    I switched it to .5 lbs a week so I have to eat 1600 cal a day plus eat the other cal back? I really have no idea how I will eat all that! Ack! Lol
  • CkdJ92
    CkdJ92 Posts: 13
    Options
    *bump*
  • raynaclareee
    Options
    something you could do is add more calorie dense foods to your diet. try to eat more nuts, nut butters, or add a sprinkling of higher-calorie foods (chia seeds) on your toast or cereal or oatmeal or something. be sure to always have something that you can snack on with you, and if you are eating no-fat dairy products, try switching to 1 or 2%. they have more calories (fat is 9 k/cal per gram) and the fat is good for you.

i wouldnt suggest indulging on dessert all of the time, because i'm assuimg you would like to stay healthy as well as gain weight.