Trying to lose the baby weight.... I am.. any tips?

Options
I am 36 years old. I have a 5 week old baby and a 3.7 year old child. I am trying hard to lose the weight but it just stays the same. Anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Replies

• Contessa_S
    Options
    Zumba works really well if you stick with it along with strengh training a few days out the week along with calculating your diet, my daughter is 16 months and it took a while for the weight to shed but it has!! Hope that helps!! Congrats, don't rush it, take time to heal.:smile:
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35 and working off weight from 8 pregnancies... my advice is to be patient with yourself and keep doing what's good for you regardless of what the scale says. Your baby is only 5 weeks old (congratulations!!!) so your #1 priority is bonding with your baby, trying to get some sleep, and healing from pregnancy/delivery. I hope you are communicating with your midwife/doctor regarding what type of exercise and diet is appropriate at this stage. Feel free to friend me if you want. :flowerforyou: Congrats again!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Get outside and run
    Eat protein and veggies
    Breastfeeed
    Stay away from sugar and processed foods
  • encarnadine
    encarnadine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Firstly - I agree - little one is only 5 weeks old - don't stress too much about it :) I weighed the most I ever weighed the morning I went in to have my daughter (150 lb) . I now weigh 120 (I 114-116 for most of the year but I totally let the Thanksgiving/Xmas train kick my butt...or fatten it lol). Breastfeeding helps, but I know not everyone can do that.

My advice would be (and I don't know if it applies) to make sure you aren't added to it by eating fast food or lots of freezer food. I know its rough cooking with a newbie but if you just nixed fast food altogether it goes a long way. Are you drinking lots of water? Can you take the kids walking at night? Best of luck!
  • Lizerra
    Lizerra Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I am breastfeeding and have cut the fast food out completely. My downfall is I LOVE sweets. Any suggestions for replacements for cake and cookies? I have started eating more broth based soups ans I do not eat anything with red meat in it. Adding more vegis and fruits would definitely help me. Thanks so much for the posts :0)
  • Jennisan62
    Options
    I LOVE sweets too! I made a. Promise to myself that before I eat anything sweet I would drink an entire glass of water and a piece of fruit. By then I'm usually really full so I only eat a bite or two- and it's really helped!
  • bethelbrom
    Options
    My little man has just turned three months and I've started looking at weight loss! My salvation has been my blender so far! In having banana smoothies in the morning which take about two mins to make , an all you need is milk , banana an ice! Also, eating soup for lunch , and changing my chocolate and sweet snacks to fruit and yoghurt seems to be helping! Only started on her last week and lost four pounds, but I am also breast feeding! x
  • Lizerra
    Lizerra Posts: 22
    Options
    Ohhh..... i so forgot about the smoothie thing. Going to make one tomorrow :0) Thanks for the reminder