Any bodyrockers? or insanity?

Options
Hi I am following bodyrock.tv anyone is doing the 30 day chalenge?

I was doing insanity this summer and I might get back to it but I would need some motivation.. anyone is doing it to?

Replies

• Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity right now, I am in month1 week 3 Monday will start week 4 for me
  • ambisou
    ambisou Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow !! thats insane :) how do you feeel? you think its worth it?
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the bodyrock 30 day challenge right now, love it!!
  • lulucall911
    lulucall911 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am doing the bodyrock 30 day challenge and will continue bodyrocking after it's complete :)
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was doing p90 X and insanity at the same time. I would alternate them.
  • ambisou
    Options
    OH thats great you guys :) I was always hoping to find some bodyrockers !! Do you guys enjoy it?
  • lulucall911
    Options
    Love it started mid last year but have only just been consistent with it, i think it has helped me change the way i think about my fitness and health. Love how the whole team keeps you motivated and there is so much support!
  • ambisou
    Options
    I definatly agreee :) the only I find is that my workout dont seem long enough or effective .. are you only doing the 12 minutes or your adding some stuff to it?
  • lulucall911
    Options
    I find if i am focused and push myself really hard then i am zapped by the end but i have been adding in pilates as well as i have found my strength isn't that great or flexibility and i find pilates is a great for doing bodyweight exercises and has given me more flexibility
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think bodyrock is great for improving overall body strength but not so great (alone, that is) if you are trying to lose weight.

If you've been following bodyrock as long as I have (which has been almost since their start), you'll know that even the current host -- Lisa Marie -- has posted that she has to add running to her bodyrock workouts (and that's back when the routines were longer than 12 minutes).

But if you don't have to lose weight and just want to maintain, I think you can get away with the 12 minutes (although, I'm not speaking from experience -- I have to add in extra cardio).

Either that, or double or triple the workouts (I know many bodyrockers who do that).

I don't know too much about Insanity, but people that have posted on this site have lost a ton of weight in a short period of time.

Good luck in whatever you choose!
  • ambisou
    Options
    I think bodyrock is great for improving overall body strength but not so great (alone, that is) if you are trying to lose weight.

If you've been following bodyrock as long as I have (which has been almost since their start), you'll know that even the current host -- Lisa Marie -- has posted that she has to add running to her bodyrock workouts (and that's back when the routines were longer than 12 minutes).

But if you don't have to lose weight and just want to maintain, I think you can get away with the 12 minutes (although, I'm not speaking from experience -- I have to add in extra cardio).

Either that, or double or triple the workouts (I know many bodyrockers who do that).

I don't know too much about Insanity, but people that have posted on this site have lost a ton of weight in a short period of time.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Oh thanks for the awesome info :)
    YesI think if I keep up with bodyrock Ill have to add some extra rep... and cardio ! I find that insanity KILLS me its soo great and challenging but long.... thats my only issuewith it..
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I do bodyrock off and on. LOVE it!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity right now, I am in month 2 week 1 Monday will start week 2 for me
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BodyRock! Well... back when Zuzka was the host. I personally do not like Lisa-Marie at all. I fully support them in everything they are doing, but I am not doing the workouts she does. I liked the workouts Jess and Kyla put together, but I hate Lisa's.

Currently I am BodyRocking every other day with Zuzka's old workouts. I really love everything they have done for me! I have seen results with them that I've never seen with any other workout.
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started insanity over and I'm on my 3rd day!
  • MelanieK109
    MelanieK109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started TurboFire last week. Super fun, but a little hard to follow at first. Was to scared to try P90x, looks intense.
  • ambisou
    Options
    I LOVE BodyRock! Well... back when Zuzka was the host. I personally do not like Lisa-Marie at all. I fully support them in everything they are doing, but I am not doing the workouts she does. I liked the workouts Jess and Kyla put together, but I hate Lisa's.

Currently I am BodyRocking every other day with Zuzka's old workouts. I really love everything they have done for me! I have seen results with them that I've never seen with any other workout.

I am going on and off with the 30 day challenge :P but I think its okay. What dont you like about lisa?
  • kristindesigner
    kristindesigner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am bodyrocking, too! Totally love it. I usually do three or four runs a week and three or four bodyrocks a week. It's a great regimen. Bodyrock is especially nice this time of year, when I often just can't be persuaded to go for a run in frigid weather. :)

I also do Z's warm up routine before every workout or run: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/10/23/warm-up-routine/ It's a nice, quick way to get everything moving before I dive in. (Side note: it works perfectly to the beat of Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People if you like that song!)

Just looking at Lisa's abs gives me enough motivation for a week! LOL
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just dont like her personality. She reminds me of... well... an ex drug addict.
    I know BR has always been "sex sells" which doesnt bother me at all, but to me it seems like Lisa is trying to hard to be sexy. Like, it one of the photos she had puller her shorts up really high on her butt so half her butt cheeks were out. Even when I was looking at the post my BF walked by and looked and said "wow, she's trying way too hard".
    I still fully support BR and everything to do with BR, I'm just choosing to do the older WO's until there is a new host. =)
  • ambisou
    Options
    I just dont like her personality. She reminds me of... well... an ex drug addict.
    I know BR has always been "sex sells" which doesnt bother me at all, but to me it seems like Lisa is trying to hard to be sexy. Like, it one of the photos she had puller her shorts up really high on her butt so half her butt cheeks were out. Even when I was looking at the post my BF walked by and looked and said "wow, she's trying way too hard".
    I still fully support BR and everything to do with BR, I'm just choosing to do the older WO's until there is a new host. =)

Hahah good answer :P