Invited out to dinner? HELP! What would you eat?

Options
I have been invited to dinner for a close friend birthday. They are going to Bj's Brewhouse. I looked up their nutrition information and I am scared. I only get 1200 calories so this will have to be my cheat day. I will have about 2 hours to work out tomorrow also. I went way over yesterday (stress eating from a wreck) and I hate to have two bad days in one week. I don't eat salads and corn or peas or my only veggies. No seafood. What would you eat?
http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/support-files/bj-brewhouse.pdf

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Holy Sodium batman! Can you go with a half entree or half sandwich?
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kid of place it is but I would go wtih grilled chicken or even a small steak or pork product as long as its not smothered in butter (most places melt butter over their steaks before bringing them to you) You could always go with whatever veggie you will eat that they have, rice maybe if its not loaded with stuff, or even sweet potato frieds. Just dont feel bad about asking how something is cooked or asking not to put salt or butter on whatever you order. I have do that at chilis before...asked them not to bread my chicken strips.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd probably have a slice of their vegetarian pizza - or a mini pizza.

The rest of their menu does look a bit daunting, doesn't it?
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Also you don't have to eat the entire meal. Order the lowest calorie you want to eat and eat half of it. Get a to-go box if you want or just don't take anything with you. You can still have fun with your friend, eat the same food - just less of it. Good luck. :happy:
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the menu....They have some really good looking chicken sands....you could jsut ask them to hold the mayo or dressing that is on them and they shouldnt be too bad.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    house salad with lo cal vinaigrette, the steamed green beasn and steamed veges, or the shrimp lettuce wraps
  • MollyDurham
    MollyDurham Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would do the Balsamic Glazed Chicken and only eat half of everything on the plate. That way your total calorie count for the meal (if you drink water with it) would be 371.5 and then you'll have lunch for tomorrow that is really easy to heat and even easier to log! Or just order off the kids menu. I do that often because Whe I started my main issue was portion control and now my stomach has gotten smaller and it's about all I can hold at one time! Then I don't have to deal with left overs too.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    maybe you can order from the kids menu!
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks guys. I may try that chicken. I normally eat of the kids menu but since this will be large group and I don't many of the people I don't want to.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Margherita Fresca Flatbread Pizza (1 slice)
    Fresh Basil with Italian Sausage Flatbread Pizza (1 slice)

Or the fresh Atlantic salmon or miso salmon.
    All these are reasonable on cals & sodium.
  • livs_mom
    Options
    i went there mon and had a 3/4ths of the mini pizza with green peppers on whole wheat crust. it was yummy! at the one i went to they also had an "enlightened" flatbread pizza thing that was pretty good but i didn't see it on the menu you posted. maybe check and see if they have any "enlightened" options.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be safe with the chicken. There's a BJ's here and it's good. Just not really dieting fare! You'll be fine! Enjoy yourself!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat at least once a week. I dont care where I go. I go to some pretty good places with all sorts of foods. I order what ever I want. Even dessert. I literally cut the meal in half. Eat half and bring the other half home. By the time I look for the half I brought home, it is usually alread eaten by one of my kids.
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here's a few ideas:smile:
    1/2 California Chicken sandwich - 387 calories
    1/2 BBQ Chicken sandwich 444 - calories
    Small minestrone soup for 125 calories
    1/2 order of spaghetti w/ marinara - 371 calories
    add grilled chicken for 187 calories
    1/2 order of spaghetti with meat sauce - 461 calories