No support at all.

Options
2»

Replies

• localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a time that you need support. Apart from getting support from MFP friends, I would suggest going on Meet up dot com. They have walking groups, board game groups, etc. I'm shy and it can be hard to make friends, but there are a lot of other people looking to make friendships too. At least, you can meet up with groups that have people who have the same goals as you.

Wishing you the best.
  • missmegs1908
    missmegs1908 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You are doing a great thing for yourself by trying to change your behaviors and get healthy.
    Most of my support comes from here - random people that I've added to my friends list. It's amazing how people you don't even know in real life can be so understanding and supportive.
    I was on here about 2 years ago - and didn't have any friends on my list. I felt weird sending people requests. But this time, I found some friends will say that my MFP friends have honestly been what has kept me on track.
    I will send you a request :)
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, First of all I am very sorry about your dad.As someone here mentioned, you kept going and that is great...Just keep doing it and each time you workout say to yourself...THIS IS FOR US DAD!! He would be very proud!! This is a great site, I have been here for a few months now and I went through something almost two weeks ago and the people here were so nice and encouarged me to keep going and it helped me so much.I am back on track due to the support of my husband and my friends here on MFP .I wish you the best..Message me or add me as a friend. I will help you in anyway I can..:flowerforyou:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It can't be easy, especially since you just went through the holidays.

As for support, I find mine online, for the most part. It seems easier that way for some reason.
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ive added you as a friend. I understand what it feels like to lose a father whom you are close with. MFP is a great place to find support
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss. You have a lot going on and support is what you need. My wife (hootsmamma) and I are doing this together and that helps a lot. MFP has been amazing. The folks here are very supportive and while there are some (as in any community) that can be harsh) I've experienced only positive support. If you need supportive friends feel free to add us. I've been blessed with an amazing group of friends on here and they help make this possible. You can do this. Good luck and things do get better.
  • krsmith60
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear about your loss...i lost someone very close to me in november and still feel very sad at times but it IS getting easier..just don't be afraid to FEEL and always cry when you feel like crying...you have come to the right place...this will be your support system and you will achieve your goals!! :)
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options
    I can feel your pain. I lost my dad 08-01-11 this past year. A man I couldn't stand for a long time took my heart with him. I never knew how much I needed my dad. We just couldn't be in the same room for long. Now I just miss him so much. I find myself wanting to call his cell phone. I will dial it of course its out of service. Christmas was so hard this year. I know it had to be EXTREMELY hard for you too. We got through it, we opened presents very quickly, ate then sat around. We hardly talked to each other. I went to East Tennessee (where I grew up and they live) for three weeks to help mom. Again we just all went through the motions. It is hard to get support. Even harder when the only support you can find is on the internet. You can't hear the words that you need to hear, you can't feel the person patting you on the back.
    All I can offer to you is a eye to read your posts and encouragement on here to help you go through the motions. At this point that is all you can do. Just breathe in and breathe out and keep breathing! Try to remember your conversations that you had with your dad. Try to remember the encouragement he gave you. Keep it close to your heart as you keep plodding forward. You will find yourself talking to him more, thats good its part of the healing process.
    I can say one thing, You're still here, you made it this far! You have had moments good and bad. But you still remain standing. That in itself should be a testament to what you are accomplishing. You are still standing and the elements that were thrown at you, are scattered at your feet and YOU ARE STILL STANDING. When you don't feel like standing there are forces that keep you standing even on the days when you don't remember. But every time you battle an element, remember you are a survivor and YOU WILL STILL BE STANDING!
    Gods blessings upon you friend! We are here Still standing!
    Yours in Christ,
    Carla aka Ansata
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Just added you as a friend. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad & that it happened just in time for the holidays. Losing a parent is definitely very difficult & nobody can ever replace them, not even your fiance or best friends. Anyway I know he will always be there watching you & I'm sure he's very proud of what you have achieved so far. But at least you have taken the first step to make some positive improvements in your life & MFP is a great place to get support that real life people couldn't even provide.
  • Ryder9902
    Ryder9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Feel free to add me. I'm a bit addicted to this site. I will be here to support you through your journey.
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have seriously never met, people as kind as you all are, EVER. I added everyone who sent me a request, and I'm going to keep my friends list to a point where I can help support everyone in it as much as I can.

I hope everyone is having a good night, and good luck tomorrow, and remember I'm here for anything, it doesn't have to be only weightloss related.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your dad, you need some time to heal, it will be better over time.
    We are here for you, people here are very supportive, they care about you because they are in your shoes, no matter if they have to lose 10 or 110 lb. They understand you .
    Just take one day a time.
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    I am sorry for your heartbreak. Time does have a way of helping. You never get over it and you will never stop missing him but time and life will march on...it will just be different. I found it toughest as time went on because people tend to move on and get back to their lives but the loss was still raw for me, even 6 months later.

I will offer you this advice - keep working on your journey to get healthy - and lean on all the people here for support. I grieved for my mother in the fridge and then had to grieve for the body I lost! Sometimes the support of a stranger is more helpful than anything.

I am proud of you for reaching out and am happy to support you. I will add you and we can do this together!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    MFP and my husband! Those are the only places that I get support from!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Between grieving for your father and trying to establish and maintain a healthy lifestyle (which is a feat in itself) is no easy task.

Take it one day at a time.

Add me as a friend if you want some support.

You can do this. You will do this.

Take care.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My fitness pals!!
  • buddy529
    buddy529 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Adding you...and I'm sorry for your loss. Feel free to vent all you want. We're all in this for similar reasons and I'll gladly give all the support I can :)
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. When you start to feel alone, think of all the great times you had with your father and all the wonderful advice he provided. Keep him in your heart and you will never be alone!

P.S. Feel free to add me for additional support!
  • Sixtyby60
    Sixtyby60 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh....I'm so sorry about your Dad. It is so hard to lose a parent. The emotional drain is like an undertow that just sucks all the energy and breathe out of us, especially after the wake and funeral are over, the family has gone back home, and you just don't realize how much energy it takes to put one foot in front of the other to get through the day. But, it will pass and I think conscious breathing, and eating helps me, at least. I hope things ease up for you soon but don't expect so much of your self for the next little bit, hold your own while you grieve instead of pressuring yourself.