poop????????????????

Options
i went over my cals yesterday.:sad:
3 hours ago, i awoke and sadly weighed myself.:cry::cry:
since then, i have drank 2 cups o coffee, eaten 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup blueberries, walked an hour and pooped 3 times.:embarassed: :embarassed:
10 min ago, i reweighed before my am shower.:noway: :noway:
reweighed again.:noway: :noway:
reweighed again afer my shower.:noway: :noway:

i was down 3 lbs!:happy: :happy:

i dunno what to believe.:cry::cry:
what do u think?:wink::wink:
has this ever happened 2 u?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    your body fluctuates with water weight, waste, etc. So weigh yourself in the same condition every day and count that, do not constantly weigh yourself. So in the morning, naked, after voiding - that one counts. The rest, well, you can be up or down 5 pounds and it's perfectly normal.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Coffee does that to me :embarassed: I think it's one of those times where your weight fluctuates during the day +/- up to 5 lbs. Personally, I weigh myself everyday, but don't record a change unless I see the same number 2-3 days in a row. I'd check again tomorrow morning, and see what you get. Maybe you really did flush your system out, and you'll be lighter again tomorrow. :happy:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    :grumble: So funny, So true..

I got up this morning after not weighing myself since last friday....246:grumble:

Ate some pb toast with a banana, cup of coffee.....pooped.....weighed myself again out of curiousity....242:laugh: Life is good....

I have to start weighing myself after the morning poo.tmi i know
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    poop weighs more than muscle which weighs more than fat

it's a crazy world
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I chuckled because this totally reminds me of my husband. He will weigh himself before he poops and then again after. He will come out of the bathroom and say "I just took a 3 pound poop." Cause I needed to know that. lol :laugh: :laugh:

I would weigh yourself tomorrow morning and go with whatever that weigh in says. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you lost poo weight. Don't weigh yourself so often, you'll confuse yourself.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i went over my cals yesterday.:sad:
    3 hours ago, i awoke and sadly weighed myself.:cry::cry:
    since then, i have drank 2 cups o coffee, eaten 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup blueberries, walked an hour and pooped 3 times.:embarassed: :embarassed:
    10 min ago, i reweighed before my am shower.:noway: :noway:
    reweighed again.:noway: :noway:
    reweighed again afer my shower.:noway: :noway:

i was down 3 lbs!:happy: :happy:

i dunno what to believe.:cry::cry:
    what do u think?:wink::wink:
    has this ever happened 2 u?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've weighed myself before poop and shower and after and have seen 3 lb difference in results. So I stopped weighing myself before and just go for the after.
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    LOL!!!! Oh the joys of being healthy. We have to love that fluctuating scale, right??? :laugh: :laugh:

Just remember, poop everyday, it's healthy. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: And I'm with pannellkat, weigh after the poo.
  • tinasman
    tinasman Posts: 1
    Options
    I have weigh before and after a shower and dropped pounds, my wife thinks I am nuts but I think I am washing of some dirt!??:bigsmile: btw blueberries have cleaned me out before too!:embarassed:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I chuckled because this totally reminds me of my husband. He will weigh himself before he poops and then again after. He will come out of the bathroom and say "I just took a 3 pound poop." Cause I needed to know that. lol :laugh: :laugh:

I would weigh yourself tomorrow morning and go with whatever that weigh in says. :flowerforyou:

LMAOOOOOOOOO that is too funny. I can picture my bf doing something silly like that.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Here's a few pointers from an ACE Certified Trainer:

1. Don't stress about any single weigh in.
    2. Weight yourself every morning, right when you get out of bed.
    3. Chart your weight on a tool like this site.
    4. Watch for weekly trends, not daily fluctuations.

Remember, you cannot gain or lose 3 pounds of fat in a day. Water weight, sure. But don't stress...this is a long-term commitment, not a one day sprint. Post your weights everyday, then forget about it. Once you have enough reference points to see a trend (i.e. 3 weeks), then start making judgments.

Also, if you're starting to workout harder than normal, don't be sad if you're weight GOES UP. This can be a GOOD THING. Remember that muscle mass is much more dense than those fatty areas. So, if you lose a cubic inch of fat, but gain a cubic inch of muscle (think squarer shoulders, firmer arms, firmer butt), you will actually gain weight - but you'll look better!

Good luck, and KEEP AT IT!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Oh Boy Ive been weighing myself everyday and its driving me nuts, and its that aunt flo time to, what did i do that for:grumble: :embarassed: :frown: :brokenheart: Im super bloated Im throwing that scale up under the bed geesh:laugh:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    poop weighs more than muscle which weighs more than fat

it's a crazy world

Yay! Dave is back....where have you been?

I always bm first, then weigh myself. One time I did a weigh in before and after out of curiosity and I lost 2 pds. Now I just don't trust it. So...I weigh myself once a week, at the same time, after a bowel movement (if I can), and naked.

Otherwise I just obsess over the scale :tongue:

I wonder if you lose weight after the shower because of the heat....you know, like a sauna....
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I am cracking up!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

This is why I am trying to take allll my fiber!
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I second that - I am laughing OUT LOUD at this entire
    Loved the "you lost poo weight" comment! hahahahaa!

This *has* happened to me too (since I weigh myself
    every day) but I've never lost 3 lbs! That's a blue ribbon
    record! hee hee

I'm just the opposite! I had my very first surgery 2 wks
    ago and I've only pooped about 4 times! The nurse
    said it will take a while before my intestines get back to
    normal.
    Maybe THAT solves my "weight plateau" mystery. :bigsmile:
  • NickelPlated
    Options
    I will say that the less processed food I eat, the more regularly I poop!
    If I eat mostly fruit and veggies, and complex carbs, I poop every single day! Which = less bloat, and no 3 lb poops. LOL
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of crap.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, it had to be said.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of crap.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, it had to be said.
    That should be the last word!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    great thread.
  • mpf1118
    mpf1118 Posts: 28
    Options
    My nutritionist told me that drinking water can even just add a pound to your weight, she told me to weigh myself first thing in the morning and don't for the rest of the day.....
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I LOVE this site!! Thought about that too this morning. My weight didn't change before or after my bm this morning but usualy I weigh less after. I wondered if it counted, but too scared to ask. lol